- Print ISBN 9781455706945
- Electronic ISBN 9781455775163
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included — more than any other reference!
- Over 600 diseases, conditions, and symptoms are listed, along with the tests used to confirm them.
- Alphabetical organization and A-to-Z thumb tabs make it easy to find the information you’re looking for.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to simplify lookup.
- Instructions for client and family teaching help you offer guidance concerning test preparation and follow-up care.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment are provided for dangerously increased and decreased levels.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, useful when a client’s blood preservation is essential, as well as information on whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, making this a lab, diagnostic, and toxicology book all in one.
- Abbreviations, measurement prefixes, and symbols are listed on the front and back covers for convenience.
- Information on herbal supplements indicates when a client’s use of natural remedies might affect test results.
How to Use This Book
Part I: Diseases, Conditions, and Symptoms
Part II: Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures
Appendix A: Reportable Diseases
Appendix B: Informed Consent for Genetic Testing
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 20th November 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: