Learn to apply your A&P learning in the lab setting with Colville and Bassert’s Lab Manual for Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd Edition. This practical laboratory resource features a variety of activities, such as crossword puzzles, , terminology exercises, illustration identification and labeling, case presentations, and more to help reinforce your understanding of veterinary anatomy and physiology. The lab manual also features vivid illustrations, lists of terms and structures to be identified, and step-by-step dissection guides to walk you through the dissection process.
- Clinically-oriented learning exercises help readers become familiar with the language of anatomy and physiology as you identify structures and learn concepts.
- Clear step-by-step dissection instructions for complex organs such as the heart familiarize readers with the dissection process in a very visual, easy-to-understand format.
- Learning objectives, the clinical significance of the content, and lists of terms and structures to be identified appear at the beginning of each chapter.
- Comprehensive glossary appears at the end of the lab manual and provides accurate, concise.
- High quality, full color illustrations provides a firm understanding of the details of anatomic structure.
- Review activities and study exercises are included in every chapter to reinforce important information.
- Clinical Application boxes are threaded throughout the lab manual and demonstrate the clinical relevance of anatomic and physiologic principles.
- Companion Evolve site includes answers to the Test Yourself questions in the textbook and crossword puzzles.
- Anatomical Terms
3. Cell Anatomy
4. Exploring Tissues
5. The Integumentary System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
8. The Nervous System
9. Sense Organs
10. The Endocrine System
11. Blood, Lymph, and Lymph Nodes
12. The Cardiovascular System
13. The Respiratory System
14. The Digestive System
15. The Urinary System
16. The Reproductive System
17. Pregnancy, Development, and Lactation
18. Avian Anatomy
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 13th March 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Tom Colville helped develop the veterinary technology program at North Dakota State University. He is currently the lead veterinarian at Red River Zoo. Joanna Bassert is a premier veterinary technician instructor and program director at Manor College. She is the lead Editor for our market-leading textbook, McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses.
Professor Emeritus Department of Animal Sciences North Dakota State University
Professor Emeritus Program of Veterinary Technology Manor College Jenkintown, PA
Clinical anatomy and physiology laboratory manual for veterinary technicians.
Colville, Thomas and Joanna M. Bassert.
978-0-323-04684-8 SF761 $39.95 (pa)
This lab manual, meant to accompany the Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians textbook, explains animal anatomy and physiology in the context of hands-on activities, for veterinary technology students. Colville (veterinary technology, North Dakota State U.) and Bassert (veterinary technology, Manor College) integrate 700 color illustrations in their discussion of key concepts, which are accompanied by exercises and dissection instructions. Chapters are organized by organ system.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.