- Provides a broad introductory view of developmental systems
- Teaches both classical embryology and modern experimental approaches
- Contains seventeen laboratory exercises, written in step-by-step style
- Organized with additional notes to students and preparators
- Lists questions and references for each exercise
- Special chapters give introductions to the scientific process, use of the microscope, and the writing of scientific papers
- Illustrated with detailed line drawings
Table of Contents
Exercise 1-Fertilization in the Sea Urchin.
Exercise 2-Early Development in the Sea Urchin and Starfish.
Exercise 3-Early Development in the Frog: To Neurulation.
Exercise 4-Early Development in the Frog: To 10 Millimeters.
Exercise 5-Preventing Axis Formation in Amphibians with Ultraviolet Irradiation.
Exercise 6-Early Chick Development: To 48 Hours.
Exercise 7-Early Chick Development: To 96 Hours.
Exercise 8-Chick Development in a Windowed Egg.
Exercise 9-Ethyl Alcohol, Caffeine, and Chick Development.
Exercise 10-Totipotency of the Unincubated Chick Blastoderm.
Exercise 11-Cardia Bifida in the Chick.
Exercise 12-Tadpoles and Thyroxine.
Exercise 13-Blastomere Totipotency in the Two-Cell Mouse Embryo.
Exercise 14-Alizarin Staining. Exercise 15-Drosophila Polytene Chromosomes.
Exercise 16-Induction of Chromosome Puffing with Heat Shock.
Exercise 17-Drosophila Imaginal Discs and Ecdysone.
- No. of pages: 241
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1993
- Published: June 3, 1993
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780323137775
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Laboratory Exercises in Developmental Biology"