- Comprehensive coverage of the most common CLIA waived tests prepares healthcare professionals for lab testing in the ambulatory setting.
- A triad organization gives chapters a consistent, easy-to-follow format, with 1) fundamental concepts, 2) step-by-step instructions for CLIA waived procedures, and 3) advanced concepts that lead to a higher level of critical thinking and decision making.
- A full-color atlas section shows common laboratory and diagnostic findings, including depictions of cells, casts, and crystals.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter with goals for what you should accomplish, serve as checkpoints for comprehension and skills mastery, and provide a study tool in preparation for examinations.
- Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions and full-color photos and illustrations for today’s commonly requested CLIA waived lab tests.
- Key terms are listed and defined at the beginning of each chapter, as well as included in the book’s glossary.
- Common abbreviations and acronyms associated with CLIA waived testing are listed and defined at the beginning of each chapter.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter ask you to recall and assimilate the information you’ve learned.
- A workbook matches the chapters in the textbook, offering activities and exercises to reinforce laboratory concepts, terminology, and procedures. Sold separately.
- Expert author Marti Garrels brings years of on-the-job experience, an advanced MSA degree, dual degrees in medical technology and medical assisting, and classroom experience as an instructor and as a medical assisting program director.
- References at the end of each chapter cite related websites for further reading and research.
- An Evolve companion website includes various
2. Regulations, Microscope Setup, and Quality Assurance
4. Blood Collection
10. Electrocardiography and Spirometry NEW!
A: Reference Values
B: Herb/Laboratory Test Interactions
C: Common Laboratory Tests
D: Frequent Medical Diagnosis and Laboratory Tests