Learn to master the latest lab testing techniques! Ideal for Medical Assisting and Medical Laboratory Technician programs, Laboratory and Diagnostic Testing in Ambulatory Care: A Guide for Healthcare Professionals, 4th Edition, covers the procedures and techniques of commonly used and new CLIA-waived, point-of-care tests, along with some moderately complex tests. Clear, step-by-step instructions and nearly 600 full-color photographs make it easy for you to learn each test and procedure. This edition includes a focus on new technology and the resulting significant advancements in testing.. Expanded coverage of electrocardiography and spirometry reflect the expanding roles of Medical Assistants and Medical Laboratory Technicians. Review questions in the book are accompanied by practice quizzes and videos online to help you master content and hone skills.
- Comprehensive coverage of the most common CLIA-waived tests prepares you for laboratory testing in the ambulatory setting.
- A triad organization gives chapters a consistent, easy-to-follow format, with 1) fundamental concepts, 2) step-by-step instructions for CLIA-waived procedures, and 3) advanced concepts help hone your critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions and full-color photos and illustrations for today’s commonly requested CLIA-waived lab tests.
- Introduction to the Laboratory and Safety Training
2. Regulations, Microscope Setup, and Quality Assurance
4. Blood Collection
A: Reference Values
B: Herb/Laboratory Test Interactions
C: Common Laboratory Tests
D: Frequent Medical Diagnosis and Laboratory Tests
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2019
- 6th October 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Martha (Marti) Garrels is a former Professor and Program Director of the Medical Assisting program at Ivy Tech Community College in South Bend, Indiana, and Lake Washington Institute of Technology in Kirkland, Washington. She has been an active member of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) for more than 25 years.
Medical Assisting Program Consultant, Retired Medical Assisting Program Director, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Kirkland, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.