- Authoritative, reliable information on diagnosis includes details on the latest therapies.
- An organ-system organization makes it easy to find solutions for specific disorders.
- Concise chapters are only 2-5 pages in length, saving you time in finding essential information.
- Well-known writers and editors provide accurate, up-to-date coverage of important topics.
- A convenient Table of Common Drugs, updated by Dr. Mark Papich, offers a quick reference to dosage information.
- Cross-references to the previous edition make it easy to find related information that remains valid and current.
- A list of references and suggested readings is included at the end of most chapters.
- A fully searchable companion Evolve website adds chapters from Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XIII, with information that has not changed significantly since its publication. It also includes an image collection with over 300 images, and references linked to PubMed. Useful appendices on the website provide a virtual library of valuable clinical references on laboratory test procedures and interpretation, normal reference ranges, body fluid analyses, conversion tables, nutritional profiles, a drug formulary, and more.
2. Acute Pain Management
3. Nutrition in Critical Care
4. Antiplatelet and Anticoagulant Therapy
5. Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation
6. Traumatic Brain Injury
7. Vascular Access Techniques
8. Pacing in the Critical Care Setting
9. Fluid Therapy
10. Acid-Base Disorders
11. Colloid Fluid Therapy
12. Acute Abdomen: Evaluation and Emergency Treatment
13. Drainage Techniques for the Septic Abdomen
14. Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus
15. Emergency Management of Open Fractures
16. Thoracic Trauma
17. Intravenous Anesthetic and Analgesic Techniques
Section 2: Toxicologic Disorders
18. Toxin Exposures in Small Animals
19. Toxins Seen in Emergency Clinics
20. Reporting an Adverse Drug Reaction to the FDA
21. Sources of Help for Toxicosis Cases
22. Small Animal Poisoning: Additional Considerations Related to Legal Claims
23. Urban Legends of Toxicology-Facts and Fiction
24. Toxicosis Treatments
25. Rodenticide Toxicoses
26. Insecticide Toxicoses
27. Parasiticide Toxicoses: Avermectins
28. Lead Toxicosis in Small Animals
29. Automotive Toxins
30. Nicotine Toxicosis
31. Recently Recognized Animal Toxicants
32. Human Drugs of Abuse
33. Toxicology of Veterinary and Human Estrogen and Progesterone Formulations in Dogs
34. Herbal Hazards
35. Aflatoxicosis in Dogs
37. Food Toxicoses in Small Animals
Section 3: Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases
38. Interpretation of Endocrine Diagnostic Test Results for Adrenal and Thyroid Disease
39. Medical Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
40. Radiodidine for Hyperthyroidism
43. Canine Diabetes Mellitus