- Be certain with expert, dependable, accurate answers for every stage of your career from the most comprehensive, definitive text in the field!
- Get comprehensive coverage of all areas of cardiac surgery, including ischemic, valvular, and congenital heart disease; cardiac tumors; constrictive pericarditis; thoracic aortic surgery; cardiac transplantation; coronary artery disease; aortic valve disease; cardiac rhythm disturbances; heart failure and transplantation; disease of the thoracic aorta; tetralogy of Fallot; anesthesia; and postoperative care.
- Stay current with the latest advancements and practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include new information on endovascular management of thoracic aorta disease; new data on clinical outcomes; the most recent minimally invasive procedures; non-invasive CT angiography; new alternative surgical approaches to mitral valve surgery; and many other hot topics!
- Make the most well-informed decisions and achieve optimal outcomes by exploring each condition's natural history; diagnostic criteria; indications for surgery; operative techniques; and follow-up care.
- Reference information quickly thanks to a new, streamlined format and easily searchable online access to the complete text, downloadable image library, reference links, and more at expertconsult.com.
Part I: General Considerations
Chapter 1: Anatomy, Dimensions, and Terminology
Chapter 2: Hypothermia, Circulatory Arrest, and Cardiopulmonary Bypass
Chapter 3: Myocardial Management During Cardiac Surgery with Cardiopulmonary Bypass
Chapter 4: Anesthesia for Cardiovascular Surgery
Chapter 5: Postoperative Care
Chapter 6: Generating Knowledge from Information, Data, and Analyses
Part II: Ischemic Heart Disease
Chapter 7: Stenotic Arteriosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease
Chapter 8: Left Ventricular Aneurysm
Chapter 9: Postinfarction Ventricular Septal Defect
Chapter 10: Mitral Regurgitation from Ischemic Heart Disease
Part III: Acquired Valvar Heart Disease
Chapter 11: Mitral Valve Disease With or Without Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 12: Aortic Valve Disease
Chapter 13: Combined Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease With or Without Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 14: Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 15: Infective Endocarditis
Part IV: Other Cardiac Conditions
Chapter 16: Cardiac Rhythm Disturbance
Chapter 17: Cardiac Trauma
Chapter 18: Cardiac Tumor
Chapter 19: Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
Chapter 20: Cardiomyopathy
Chapter 21: Cardiac Transplantation
Chapter 22: Mechanical Circulatory Support
Chapter 23: Pericardial Disease
Part V: Diseases of the Thoracic Arteries and Veins
Chapter 24: Acute Traumatic Aortic Disruption
Chapter 25: Acute Aortic Dissection
Chapter 26: Chronic Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aor