Now in its 4th edition, Kirklin/Barratt-Boyes Cardiac Surgery remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of adult and pediatric cardiac surgery. This dynamic medical reference thoroughly and systematically covers the full range of new and classic surgical procedures—including the latest alternate and minimally invasive surgical techniques—and presents the up-to-date clinical evidence you need to make effective management decisions.
- Be certain with expert, dependable, accurate answers for every stage of your career from the most comprehensive, definitive text in the field!
- Get comprehensive coverage of all areas of cardiac surgery, including ischemic, valvular, and congenital heart disease; cardiac tumors; constrictive pericarditis; thoracic aortic surgery; cardiac transplantation; coronary artery disease; aortic valve disease; cardiac rhythm disturbances; heart failure and transplantation; disease of the thoracic aorta; tetralogy of Fallot; anesthesia; and postoperative care.
- Stay current with the latest advancements and practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include new information on endovascular management of thoracic aorta disease; new data on clinical outcomes; the most recent minimally invasive procedures; non-invasive CT angiography; new alternative surgical approaches to mitral valve surgery; and many other hot topics!
- Make the most well-informed decisions and achieve optimal outcomes by exploring each condition's natural history; diagnostic criteria; indications for surgery; operative techniques; and follow-up care.
- Reference information quickly thanks to a new, streamlined format and easily searchable online access to the complete text, downloadable image library, reference links, and more at expertconsult.com.
Part I: General Considerations
Chapter 1: Anatomy, Dimensions, and Terminology
Chapter 2: Hypothermia, Circulatory Arrest, and Cardiopulmonary Bypass
Chapter 3: Myocardial Management During Cardiac Surgery with Cardiopulmonary Bypass
Chapter 4: Anesthesia for Cardiovascular Surgery
Chapter 5: Postoperative Care
Chapter 6: Generating Knowledge from Information, Data, and Analyses
Part II: Ischemic Heart Disease
Chapter 7: Stenotic Arteriosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease
Chapter 8: Left Ventricular Aneurysm
Chapter 9: Postinfarction Ventricular Septal Defect
Chapter 10: Mitral Regurgitation from Ischemic Heart Disease
Part III: Acquired Valvar Heart Disease
Chapter 11: Mitral Valve Disease With or Without Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 12: Aortic Valve Disease
Chapter 13: Combined Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease With or Without Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 14: Tricuspid Valve Disease
Chapter 15: Infective Endocarditis
Part IV: Other Cardiac Conditions
Chapter 16: Cardiac Rhythm Disturbance
Chapter 17: Cardiac Trauma
Chapter 18: Cardiac Tumor
Chapter 19: Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
Chapter 20: Cardiomyopathy
Chapter 21: Cardiac Transplantation
Chapter 22: Mechanical Circulatory Support
Chapter 23: Pericardial Disease
Part V: Diseases of the Thoracic Arteries and Veins
Chapter 24: Acute Traumatic Aortic Disruption
Chapter 25: Acute Aortic Dissection
Chapter 26: Chronic Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aor
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 26th October 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Missouri Baptist Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri
Head, Clinical Investigations, Heart and Vascular Institute, Staff, Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic; Professor of Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University; Executive Director, Pediatric Heart Center, Lucille Packard Children's Hospital, Stanford, California
Professor and Director, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama