- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES ensure that you are being taught according to the leading accreditation organizations.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- Procedure Checklists Manual packaged with the study guide helps you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
- Work documentation proves to your instructor and to accrediting organizations that you have completed each competency.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and submit to your instructor for evaluation.
- Becoming a Successful Student
- The Healthcare Industry
- The Medical Assisting Profession
- Professional Behavior in the Workplace
- Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
- Medicine and Ethics
- Medicine and Law
- Computer Concepts
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments
- Patient Reception and Processing
- Office Environment and Daily Operations
- Written Communications and Mail Processing
- The Paper Medical Record
- The Electronic Medical Record
- Health Information Management
- Privacy in the Physician’s Office
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding
- Basics of Procedure Coding
- Basics of Health Insurance
- The Health Insurance Claim Form
- Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
- Banking Services and Procedures
- Management of Practice Finances
- Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting