With its focus on the normal and abnormal mechanical interactions between the muscles and joints of the body, Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition provides a foundation for the practice of physical rehabilitation. This comprehensive, research-based core text presents kinesiology as it relates to physical rehabilitation in a clinically relevant and accessible manner. It provides students and clinicians with the language of human movement — and acts as a bridge between basic science and clinical management. Full-color anatomic and kinesiologic illustrations clearly demonstrate the anatomy, functional movement, and biomechanical principles underlying movement; and dynamic new video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- More than 900 high-quality illustrations provide you with the visual accompaniments you need to comprehend the material.
- Clinical Connections boxes at the end of each chapter in Sections II through IV highlight or expand upon a particular clinical concept associated with the kinesiology covered in the chapter.
- Special Focus boxes interspersed throughout the text provide numerous clinical examples that demonstrate why kinesiologic information is needed.
- Critical thinking questions challenge you to review or reinforce the main concepts contained within each chapter.
- Evidence-based approach emphasizes the importance of research in physical therapy decision-making.
- Evolve site for students comes with video clips, answers to study questions, and references linked to Medline.
- Evolve site for instructors includes an image collection from the text, teaching tips, and lab activities.
Section I: Essential Topics of Kinesiology
1. Getting Started
2. Basic Structure and Function of Human Joints
3. Muscle: The Ultimate Force Generator in the Body
4. Biomechanical Principles
App I: Trigonometry Review and Additional Biomechanical Problems
Section II: Upper Extremity
5. Shoulder Complex
6. Elbow and Forearm
7. The Wrist
8. The Hand
App II: Reference Materials for Muscle Attachments and Innervation of the Upper Extremity
Section III: Axial Skeleton
9. Axial Skeleton: Osteology and Arthrology
10. Axial Skeleton: Muscle and Joint Interactions
11. Miscellaneous Topics in Kinesiology (tentative title – will include mastication, ventilation, and pelvic floor)
App III: Reference Materials for Muscle Attachments and Innervation of the Axial Skeleton
Section IV: Lower Extremity
14. Ankle and Foot
15. Kinesiology of Walking
16. NEW! Kinesiology of Running
App IV: Reference Materials for Muscle Attachments and Innervation of the Lower Extremity
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 28th October 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: