This definitive text on respiratory disease in children has been completely updated and revised for the 7th Edition. Several new chapters have been added, including information on the impact of environmental pollution on lung disease in children. Provides the most authoritative and comprehensive coverage available of basic science and clinical problems related to pediatric lung disease.
Section I. General Considerations
(Chapter editor listed in parentheses with chapter title.)
1. Molecular Determinants of Lung Morphogenesis (Boat) - Jeffrey A. Whitsett, M.D. and Susan E. Wert, Ph.D.
2. The Surfactant System (Boat) - Ann Marie LeVine, M.D. and Alan H. Jobe, M.D.
3. Developmental Physiology of the Respiratory System (Chernick) - Mary Ellen B. Wohl, M.D.
4. The Functional Basis of Respiratory Disease (Chernick) - Victor Chernick, M.D. and John B. West, M.D.
5. Biology and Assessment of Airway Inflammation (Bush) - Peter J. Barnes, D.M.
6. The History and Physical Examination (Chernick) - (Hans Pasterkamp, M.D.
7. Bronchoscopy and Bronchoalveolar Lavage in Pediatric Patients (Boat) - Robert E. Wood, M.D. and Cori Daines, M.D.
8. Diagnostic Imaging of the Respiratory Tract (Bush) - Øystein E. Olsen, Ph.D. and Catherine M. Owens, B.Sc.
9. Pulmonary Function Tests in Infants and Preschool Children (Bush) - Janet Stocks, Ph.D.
10. Pulmonary Function Testing in Children (Chernick) - Robert G. Castile, M.D.
11. Pulmonary Function Assessment in the Laboratory During Exercise (Chernick) - Dan M. Cooper, M.D. and Chaim Springer, M.D.
12. Lung Defenses: Intrinsic, Innate, and Adaptive (Wilmott) - James M. Stark, M.D. and Giuseppe N. Colasurdo, M.D.
13. Acute Respiratory Failure (Wilmott) - Emily L. Dobyns, M.D., Todd C. Carpenter, M.D., Anthony G. Durmowicz, M.D., Kurt R. Stenmark, M.D.
14. Chronic Respiratory Failure (Wilmott) - Raouf Amin, M.D.
15. Pediatric Lung Transplantation (Boat) - Blakeslee E. Noyes, M.D.
16. Drug Administration by Aerosol in Children (Wilmott) - Allan L. Coates, M.D.C.M. and Christopher O’Callaghan, F.R.C.P.
Section II. Respiratory
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2006
- 1st March 2006
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Christian R. Holmes Professor, Vice President for Health Affairs , Dean of the College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
IMMUNO Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, St. Louis University; Chief Pediatrician, Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
Professor of Pediatric Respirology, Imperial College, Consultant Pediatric Chest Physician, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom