The 27th edition of this established and well-respected pocket dictionary has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of nurses and healthcare workers in a variety of clinical settings throughout the world. Packed with useful information, and now published in full-colour throughout, Baillière's Dictionary for Nurses and Healthcare Workers provides the essential pocket reference resource for everyone involved in nursing and healthcare.
- User friendly text presented in a handy pocket size format
- Suitable for a variety of settings raging from the high-tech high-dependency environment to primary care and community settings
- Clear artwork helps further clarify terms and difficult concepts
- Includes common abbreviations, prefixes, suffixes and roots, together with units of measurement and normal values
- Helpful appendices cover nutrition, resuscitation, first aid, medicines control, immunization and vaccinations, and prevention and control of infection
- Ideal for all newcomers to the clinical and healthcare environment!
Dictionary of terms
- First Aid
- Medicines and their Control
- The Legal and Professional Framework of Nursing
- Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses, Midwives and Nursing Associates
- Common Abbreviations
- Common Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
- Units of Measurement and Tables of Normal Values
- Immunization and Vaccinations
- Prevention and Control of Infection
- Useful Websites
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier (Singapore) Pte Ltd 2021
- Elsevier (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Paperback ISBN:
Head of Organisational Development, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Watford, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.