Gain an edge in the competitive job market with the tools you need to develop the personal qualities, habits, attitudes, and social graces to work successfully in healthcare settings. Job Readiness for Health Professionals: Soft Skills Strategies for Success, 3rd Edition provides an easy-to-read, easy-to-follow format that guides you through essential entry-level soft skills, such as how to dress, speak, and collaborate in a highly professional manner.
- UNIQUE! Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills prepare you to self-reflect and analyze situations and ideas to better manage conflict and to quickly and effectively adapt to changes.
- UNIQUE! Building a professional portfolio, including checklists, a certificate, mock interviews, and keeping resumes up to date teach you to evaluate your skills and accomplishments and to create an effective tool to demonstrate job readiness and advancement.
- UNIQUE! Medical literacy education teaches you to effectively and appropriately use and consume social media and other multimedia formats to network with current and future employers and colleagues.
- UNIQUE! New videos demonstrating proper interaction with patients in a front office situation provide you with a "real world" experience.
- Behavioral objectives for each skill provide measurable outcomes for you to strive to achieve.
- Work text format with journaling activities and multiple self-reflection activities gives you opportunities to work through skills and turn in assignments to instructors.
- Case studies illustrate the issues involved with each specific skill to enhance your learning.
- Storytelling approach keeps the tone informal and engaging yet powerful and motivating.
UNIT I: SELF-MANAGEMENT AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
1. Who Are You?
2. Managing Your Emotions
3. Building Personal Emotional Strengths
4. Enhancing Your Well-Being
UNIT II: COMMUNICATION SKILLS
5. Building Relationships
6. Managing Conflict
7. Creating Successful Interactions
8. Mastering Professional Communication
UNIT III: CAREER BUILDING SKILLS
9. Being a Student
10. Preparing for Your First Job
11. Apply for Jobs
12. Landing the Job
UNIT IV: GO FORTH AND PROSPER
13. Ready for Work
14. Planning for Career Success
15. Advancing in Your Career
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st May 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.