Get an edge in the job market and develop the soft skills — the personal qualities, habits, attitudes, and social graces needed to work successfully with anyone, anywhere. Job Readiness for Health Professionals, Soft Skills Strategies for Success, 2nd Edition provides a unique tool for soft skill programming to help graduates succeed on the job as effective, engaged, and high-functioning employees. This handy resource uses an 8th grade reading level and a consistent, easy-to-follow modular format to guide you through the essential entry-level soft skills like how to dress, speak, and collaborate in the healthcare setting. With two new chapters, new Video Case vignettes, and 48 soft skills and behavioral competencies, it gives you the tools you need to join the healthcare workforce.
- Behavioral objectives provided for mastering each skill.
- Worktext format with journaling activities and multiple self-reflection activities offers valuable review exercises.
- Critical thinking exercises woven throughout skills include multidisciplinary scenarios from the field.
- What If? boxes feature short scenarios that encourage you to think about how you would handle a situation in the workplace.
- Case studies throughout use fictional vignettes to illustrate the issues involved with the specific skills.
- Down a Dark Road vignettes depict what can go terribly wrong when a skill is ignored or not mastered.
- Experiential Exercises are actions or experiments that you can perform on your own to gain a deeper appreciation for the skill.
- Cross Currents with Other Skills ties together and cross-references related skills, pointing out the synergies and connections between them.
1. Who Are You?
Adopting a Positive Mental Attitude
Managing your Time and Organizing your Life
Achieving Honesty and Integrity
Aiming to be Adaptable and Flexible
Striving for Tolerance
2. NEW! Being a Student
Improving Test Scores
Preparing For Externship
3. NEW! Finding Your First Job
Your Career in the Health Professions
Beginning the Job Search
Writing Your Resume
The Art of Interviewing
4. Ready for Work
Modeling Business Etiquette
Dressing for Success
Displaying Good Grooming, Personal Hygiene, and Cleanliness
5. Gaining Energy and Reducing Stress
Gaining Energy, Persistence, and Perseverance
Vowing to be Drug-Free and Unimpaired
6. Being Easy to Deal With
Showing Empathy, Sensitivity, and Caring
7. Dealing with Others
Managing and Resolving Conflict
Dealing with Difficult People
Valuing Multicultural Competence
8. Speaking and Writing Professionally
Speaking Professionally in your Workplace
Writing, Grammar, and Spelling
Professional Phone Technique
9. Interacting Successfully
Communicating with Special Groups of Clients
Reading and Speaking Body Language
10. Planning for Career Success
Setting Goals and Planning Actions
Following Rules and Regulations
Maintaining Confidentiality and Discretion
Managing Your Money
11. Enhancing Your Promotability
Talking to your Manager or Supervisor
Contributing as a Member of the Team
Committing to your Profession
12. Building Personal Emotional Strengths
13. Managing Your Emotions
Separating your Work and Personal Problems
Managing Anger and Strong Emotions
Exuding Optimism, Enthusiasm, and Positivity
14. Go Forth and Prosper
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 2nd December 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: