Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Isolated Pyranones: Multifaceted Building Blocks for Molecular Diversity covers the latest findings on synthesis and chemical reactivity of highly functionalized pyran-2-ones and pyran-4-ones, their reduced analogs and compounds derived from them through chemical reactions, and their applications in drug discovery and material sciences. It covers the mechanisms of the reaction and step by step formation of final products. Numerous pyranones from natural and synthetic origins, as well as their derived products, have shown diverse pharmacological activities and some are in clinical use. The applications of these compounds are not limited to drug development and imaging agents, and they are also used in material science as organic semiconductors, liquid crystals, organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), organic catalysts, solid state lasers, photovoltaic and photoconductive devices. The book is ideal for organic, bioorganic, physical, material and natural product chemists working to generate diverse molecular entities through ring transformation reactions of pyranones, and those working in material science to generate new chemical entities.
- Includes various synthetic methodologies for generating molecular diversity
- Covers the applications of functionalized pyranones as substrates for generating new molecular entities such as arenes, heteroarenes, oligoarenes, spiroarenes, and condensed-oligoarenes through base-induced ring transformation, substitution-cyclization and cycloaddition reactions
- Discusses numerous compounds derived from pyranones that are useful as organic semiconductors, liquid crystals, organic catalysts, organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), solid state lasers, photovoltaic and photoconductive devices
Synthetic organic chemists, bioorganic chemists, and medicinal chemists Pharmacologists, material scientists
2. Characteristics of pyranones
3. Chemistry of isolated 2- pyranones
4. Chemistry of 2H-pyran-3(4H)-one
5. Chemistry of isolated 4-pyranones
6. Medicinal significance of natural and synthetic pyranones
7. Application of pyranones in material science
8. Future perspective
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Further to his superannuation as Dy. Director for the Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, UP, India, a world class, premier research Institute for drug development, Prof Ram became Emeritus professor and served various academic institutions for 10 years. Besides research experience, he has also earned 18 years of experience teaching heterocyclic chemistry to graduate and post-graduate classes. He has 256 publications to his name, including several review articles published in top chemistry journals. He is also recipient of prestigious fellowships from JSPS, Japan, Alexander von Humboldt (AvH), Germany and NIH, USA.
Emeritus Professor, Lucknow University; former Deputy Director for the Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Dr Pratap has 6 years experience of teaching heterocyclic chemistry and mechanistic investigation approach, Stereochemistry and Spectroscopy to graduate and post graduate students. He has also lot of research experience in India and abroad and is recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Germany. He has numerous publications to his credit in various reputed journals of high impact factor. At present, his research is focused on the design and synthesis of various heterocyclic systems.
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Delhi University, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.