Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Vulnerability Analysis for Transportation Networks provides an integrated framework for understanding and addressing how transportation networks across all modes perform when parts of the network fail or are substantially degraded, such as extreme weather events, natural disasters, road crashes, congestion incidents or road repair. The book reviews the range of existing approaches to network vulnerability and identifies the application of each approach, illustrating them with case studies from around the world.
The book covers the dimensions of time (hours, days, weeks, months and years), spatial coverage (national networks, regional areas, metropolitan and urbanized areas) and modes (road, urban public transport and national railway systems). It shows how the provided framework can be used to indicate the most suitable accessibility tools and metrics for a particular application. Vulnerability Analysis for Transportation Networks is for academics and researchers in transportation networks and for practicing professionals involved in the planning and management of transportation networks and services.
- Presents the most current, complete and integrated account of transport network vulnerability analysis
- Includes numerous case studies from around the world
- Compares alternative approaches to vulnerability analysis for multiple modes and the applicability of each
- Shows how academic transport network planning and management research development can be applied to actual practice, with special focus on socio-economic and environmental impacts
Academic researchers, practitioners, and policy makers in transportation planning, management, operations, networks, systems, and infrastructures
2. Critical infrastructure, Services, and Locations
3. Methods for Vulnerability Analysis
4. Network Performance Measures
5. Regional Development and Economic Planning
6. Case Studies
7. Integrated Framework for Vulnerability Analysis
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 6th June 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Michael Taylor is Professor Emeritus of Transport Planning at the University of South Australia. Author or editor of eight transportation books, Dr. Taylor is a leading pioneer in transportation network vulnerability analysis.
Professor Emeritus, Transport Planning, University of South Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.