Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Pretreatment for Reverse Osmosis Desalination is a comprehensive reference on all existing and emerging seawater pretreatment technologies used for desalination. The book focuses on reverse osmosis membrane desalination, which at present is the most widely applied technology for the production of fresh drinking water from highly saline water sources (brackish water and seawater). Each chapter contains examples illustrating various pretreatment technologies and their practical implementation.
- Provides in-depth overview of the key theoretical concepts associated with desalination pre-treatment
- Gives insight into the latest trends in membrane separation technology
- Incorporates analytical methods and guidelines for monitoring pretreatment systems
Researchers and graduate students in academia; chemical engineers in federal and state regulatory agencies involved in membrane desalination
1. Introduction to Saline Water Pretreatment
2. Membrane Foulants and Saline Water Pretreatment
3. Diagnostics of Membrane Fouling and Scaling
4. Saline Water Intakes and Pretreatment
5. Pretreatment by Screening
6. Conditioning of Saline Water
7. Sand Removal, Sedimentation and Dissolved Air Flotation
8. Granular Media Filtration
9. Membrane Filtration
10. Comparison of Granular Media and Membrane Pretreatment
11. Guidelines for Pretreatment System Selection
12. Reverse Osmosis System Design and Pretreatment
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 29th May 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Nikolay Voutchkov has over 25 years of experience in the field of desalination and water reuse as an independent technical advisor to public utilities implementing large desalination projects in Australia, USA, and the Middle East; and to private companies and investors involved in the development of advanced membrane technologies. He has extensive expertise with all phases of project delivery: from conceptual scoping, pilot testing and feasibility analysis; to front-end and detailed project design; permitting; contractor procurement; project construction and operations oversight/asset management. For over 11 years he served as a Chief Technology Officer and Corporate Technical Director for Poseidon Resources, a private company involved in the development of the largest seawater desalination projects in the USA. Mr. Voutchkov has co-authored 11 books on membrane water treatment and desalination, including technology and design guidelines for the American Water Works Association. In recognition of his research and engineering efforts in the field of seawater desalination, he received a number of prestigious awards from the WateReuse Research Association, the International Desalination Association, the International Water Association, and the American Academy of Environmental Engineers.
Water Globe Consultants, LLC, Winter Springs, Florida, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.