Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Psychometrics and Psychological Assessment: Principles and Applications reports on contemporary perspectives and models on psychological assessment and their corresponding measures. It highlights topics relevant to clinical and neuropsychological domains, including cognitive abilities, adaptive behavior, temperament, and psychopathology.Moreover, the book examines a series of standard as well as novel methods and instruments, along with their psychometric properties, recent meta-analytic studies, and their cross-cultural applications.
- Discusses psychometric issues and empirical studies that speak to same
- Explores the family context in relation to children’s behavioral outcomes
- Features major personality measures as well as their cross cultural variations
- Identifies the importance of coping and resilience in assessing personality and psychopathology
- Examines precursors of aggression and violence for prediction and prevention
Researchers in psychological assessment, educational psychology, school psychology, personality and cognition
PART I: PSYCHOMETRIC FOUNDATIONS OF TEST CONSTRUCTION AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT
1. Recent Advances in Psychological Assessment and Test Construction
2. Classical Test Theory, Generalizability Theory and Item Response Perspectives on Reliability
4. Advances in Latent Variable Measurement Modeling
PART II: METACOGNITIVE, COGNITIVE, SOCIAL COGNITIVE, MEMORY AND BEHAVIORAL IMPLICATIONS OF NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS
5. Executive Function, Theory of Mind, and Adaptive Behavior
6. Metacognition, Empathy, and Cognitive Biases in Schizophrenia and OCD
PART III: TEMPERAMENT, PERSONALITY AND THEIR CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS
7. The Role of Temperament in Development and Psychopathology
8. The Assessment of Family, Parenting, and Child Outcomes
9. Perspectives and Advances in Personality
10. Measures of Personality
PART IV: DEVELOPMENTS IN THE DOMAINS OF PSYCHOPATHOLOGY, PSYCHIATRIC TAXONOMIES AND ASSESSMENT OF CLINICAL DISORDERS
11. Advances in Theoretical, Developmental, and Cross-Cultural Perspectives of Psychopathology
12. Psychiatric Taxonomies and Corresponding Measures
PART V: AGGRESSION AND VIOLENCE: EFFORTS TO PREDICT THEIR OUTCOMES
13. Theoretical Perspectives of Criminal Behaviors and Developmental Criminology
14. General Overview of Violence Risk Assessment and Corresponding Measures
15. The Aggressive Implications of Suicide
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 20th June 2017
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Carina Coulacoglou is a test developer and the founder of the Projective Fairy Tale Test Society. The Fairy Tale Test (FTT) is a comprehensive personality test for children (6-12 years of age. The test has been standardized in several cultures and is published in 13 languages. She has taught courses on child development and psychological assessment at the University of La Verne (Athens campus), the Mediterranean college and Pantion University of Athens. She has published several articles and books.
Fairy Tale Test Society, Athens, Greece
Dr. Donald H. Saklofske is Professor, Department of Psychology at The University of Western Ontario, Visiting Professor at Beijing Normal University and International Research Associate, University of Florence. He is a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science and the Canadian Psychological Association. Don's research focuses on personality, intelligence, individual differences and psychological assessment. He has published more than 300 journal articles, book chapters and books. He is Editor-in-Chief of Personality and Individual Differences and Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment.
University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.