Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Library Supply Chain Management for Collection Services of Academic Libraries: Solving Operational Challenges and Enhancing User Productivity contains three sections, each comprised of several topical chapters on a particular subject. Part One explains why supply chain management is vital to libraries. Part Two builds on Part One, beginning with a classic supply chain model, including its brief history and current development. Part Three suggests a theoretical supply chain model based on emerging technological advancements of society. This model will develop based on four components, user goals, workflow efficiency, financial stewardship and core services.
- Introduces supply chain management to library and information science
- Provides the first study on supply chain integration for libraries to fulfill their mission in knowledge management and delivery
- Provides practitioners and researchers with a model and theoretical framework of the supply chain to further study library science
- Inspires researchers and practitioners to embrace or adopt emerging technologies for service and operational optimization
Academic librarians; library managers; library deans; graduate students, and researchers in LIS; university management and administration
1. Supply Chain for Libraries - Big Picture
2. Emerging Values
3. Supply Chain and Supply Chain Cases
4. Classic Supply Chain Model
5. Supply Chain Model for Libraries
6. Whole is Greater Than the Sum of its Parts
7. Collection Planning
8. Acquisitions and Licensing
9. Cataloging, Digitization, and Collection Enhancements
10. Shelf or Virtual Shelf Time
11. Digital Storage and Shelf Space
12. Access and Delivery
13. Start with the End in Mind
14. What's Essential and What’s Peripheral for Libraries
15. Supply Chain Innovations
16. Emerging Standards, Practices, and Technologies
17. Unique to Libraries
18. Rubber Meets the Road
- No. of pages:
- © Chandos Publishing 2018
- 25th August 2017
- Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
John Wang is Associate University Librarian at the Hesburgh Libraries of the University of Notre Dame.
Associate University Librarian, Hesburgh Libraries, University of Notre Dame
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.