Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1: Convergence and two decades of print on-demand innovation (1995-2015)
Introduction to Part 1
1. Book Prepress for On-demand
2. Digital Print and Book Manufacturing On-demand
3. Bookselling On-demand
4. Book Fulfilment On-demand
Part 2 - Normalized, commoditized and adopted: print on-demand today (2015-17)
Introduction to Part 2
5. Monographs on-demand
6. Textbooks On-Demand
7. Book Aggregations, Archives and Collections On-demand
Part 3 - Forecasts and trends in print on-demand for academic publishing (2018-2025)
Introduction to Part 3
8. Trends in Academic Book Publishing that Impact On-demand
9. Trends in Book Manufacturing On-demand
10. On-demand Book Publishing Trends
The convergence of online book selling, digital printing, digital document workflow management and the computerization of small parcel logistics created a unique opportunity to create a viable commercial model for printing and supplying books on demand. This innovation was swiftly embraced by the academic publishing community heralding the rescue of the languishing academic monograph. The possibilities captured the imagination of creative academic and niche publishers enabling custom publishing, student editions of monographs, self-compiled wiki books and even the establishment of new university presses and open access publishers.
The Impact of Print on-Demand on Academic Books takes an in-depth look at this phenomenon by looking back on two decades of innovation, reviewing the present state of academic publishing with respect to works being printed on demand and compiling the current forecasts and speculation about the future of academic and niche publishing given the impact of print on-demand.
- Presents knowledge on the print-on-demand industry and chronicles developments and their impact on publishing
- Provides a useful guide for practitioners and students of publishing, and is ideal for academic publishing historians and business academics interested in innovation and digital developments
- Includes an international perspective, with information from Europe, North America, Australia, and Singapore/China
- Chronicles business case studies collected from interviews with key individuals from companies who have shaped, or are shaping, the academic POD landscape
Librarians, publishing professionals, graduate students and researchers in publishing and media studies, graduate students and researchers in library and information science
- No. of pages:
- © Chandos Publishing 2018
- 18th November 2017
- Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Currently Managing Director of Lion Hudson, a publisher of Christian books, non-fiction reference, fiction and children's books with a 40 year reputation for publishing quality colour reference and children's bibles. Member of the Oxford Brookes Publishing School Industrial Liaison Group and occasional lecturer at Oxford Brookes University, London College of Printing and occasional supervisor to MA Students at Kingston University Publishing programme.
Managing Director of Lion Hudson, Oxford, UK