Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ethics Management in Libraries and Other Information Services presents professional ethics from a managerial point-of-view, explaining how to implement ethical management systems in libraries and information services and presenting the necessary tools needed to understand the practical application of a system of ethical management based on ISO 26000: 2010. The examples and selected case studies will be helpful to professionals, teachers and students who want to both explore and apply ethics now and in the future.
- Provides insights to help incorporate knowledge and the implementation of professional ethics into the context of the organization
- Presents a practical application of a system of ethical management based on ISO 26000: 2010
- Includes examples and case studies to help professionals and students understand the practical application of ethics
Professionals working in libraries and information services, strategic planning experts, directors and managers of all kinds of information services, university professors of Library Information Science and centers or faculty at other higher education institutions, and university students, and doctoral and master's degree candidates in LIS
1. Introduction. Why deal with ethics within an organization?
2. Individual ethics, professional ethics and organizational ethics
3. The ethical dimension in libraries and other organizational information services
4. The quality-management contribution to the ethical behavior of the organization
5. The ISO 26000:2010, Guidance on Social Responsibility. Concept and practical application.
- No. of pages:
- © Chandos Publishing 2018
- 2nd October 2017
- Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Margarita Pérez Pulido is a Professor at the University of Extremadura in Spain. She has a PhD in Documentation from the University of Salamanca, Spain, and over 20 years of experience as a teacher at the University of Extremadura and more than 12 years of experience as a professional in libraries and documentation services. She has conducted professional work for the Government of Extremadura and was the Director of the Documentation Service. Margarita has published three handbooks on librarianship and library management, and planning, and numerous articles on information ethics in national and international professional journals.
Professor, University of Extremadura, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.