Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Cybermetric Techniques to Evaluate Organizations Using Web-Based Data proposes a complete and multifaceted analysis model, integrating quantitative and qualitative measures (extracted from web usability, SEO and design interaction metrics and evaluations) with a purpose of finding potential correlations. It also includes metrics from new social media platforms, metrics related to the interaction among companies, impact filtering according to different entity categories, innovation and scientific activities and media presence. This model is then applied to test feasibility and accuracy. Different statistical methods and tests are also applied to guide data gathering and analysis.
- Proposes a new model aimed at measuring performance of private companies on the web, combining quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Applies an empirical model to different environments (scientific, professional, innovation and media), providing new and original data not found elsewhere
- Demonstrates both the advantages and risks of using indicators
- Introduces solid statistical techniques for web data analysis
- Presents a whole picture for measuring the web performance of technology companies through web metrics
Researchers and practitioners of informetrics, including in industry and academia; data scientists; administrators in public and private organizations, including NGOs, research institutions, and commerce
1. Introduction: measuring private company activities on the web
2. Company Web structure (a URLs, subdomains and subdirectories approach)
3. Proposal of a cybermetric model to measure private companies
4. Metrics and sources panel
6. Scientific activity: presence in academic search engines and academic social sites
7. Professional activity: presence in professional social sites
8. News activity: presence in news, televisions, international agencies
9. Innovation activity: presence in patents
10. Network activity: web relationships and social network analyses
- No. of pages:
- © Chandos Publishing 2018
- 25th August 2017
- Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Enrique Orduna-Malea is Technical Engineer of Telecommunications (Sound & Image), MA in Information Sciences and PhD in Cybermetrics from the Polytechnic University of Valencia in Spain. He also holds a Master Degree in multichannel contents management. His research lines are fundamentally focused on descriptive (testing web indicators and studying analysis units), instrumental (analysis of web sources and search engines) and applied (academic and business environments) webmetrics.
Technical Engineer, Telecommunications (Sound & Image), MA
Adolfo Alonso-Arroyo works as an Associate Professor in the History of Science and Documentation department, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Valencia He holds an MA in Information Sciences (University of Granada) and PhD in Bibliometrics (Polytechnic University of Valencia). His main research line is devoted to the field of assessing the scientific activity from a bibliometric perspective, especially productivity, collaboration and impact.
Associate Professor, History of Science and Documentation Department, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Valencia, Spain