Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. The application of iPSCs to questions in virology: A historical perspective
2. Transplantation of iPSC-derived neural progenitor cells promotes clinical recovery and repair in response to murine coronavirus-induced neurologic disease
3. iPSCs for Modeling Influenza Infection
4. iPSCs for Modeling of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Infections
5. iPSCs for modeling coxsackievirus infection6. iPSC-derived oligodendrocytes as models for Theiler’s murine encephalomyelitis virus infection
7. iPSCs for Modeling of Hepatotropic Pathogen Infection
8. Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC)-derived neuronal models to study the neuropathogenesis of the protozoan parasite, Toxoplasma gondii
9. iPSCs for Modelling Chagas disease
10. Induced pluripotent stem-cell derived brain endothelial cells to study host-pathogen interactions with the bacterial pathogens Streptococcus agalactiae and Neisseria meningitidis
11. Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for Modeling of Salmonella Infection
The series Advances in Stem Cell Biology is a timely and expansive collection of comprehensive information and new discoveries in the field of stem cell biology. Cancer Stem Cells, Volume 6 address how important are cancer stem cells within the cancer development, and how can we target those cells to try to stop this disease.
Cancer cells depend on cancer stem cells to appear, reactivate and grow. As each cancer is a different disease, this book will discuss the role of cancer stem cells in many different cancers. This book will provide an overview of various cancer such as: melanoma, glioblastoma, thyroid carcinoma, colon cancer, head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, osteosarcoma and more.
The volume is written for researchers and scientists in stem cell therapy, cell biology, regenerative medicine and organ transplantation; and is contributed by world-renowned authors in the field.
- Provides overview of the fast-moving field of stem cell biology and function, regenerative medicine and therapeutics
- Covers the following cancers: melanoma, glioblastoma, thyroid carcinoma, colon cancer, and much more
- Contributed by world-renown experts in the field
Researchers and scientists in stem cell therapy, cell biology, regenerative medicine, and organ transplantation. Graduate and undergraduate students in the above fields
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Alexander Birbrair received his bachelor’s biomedical degree from Santa Cruz State University in Brazil. He completed his PhD in Neuroscience, in the field of stem cell biology, at the Wake Forest School of Medicine under the mentorship of Osvaldo Delbono. Then, he joined as a postdoc in stem cell biology at Paul Frenette’s laboratory at Albert Einstein School of Medicine in New York. In 2016, he was appointed faculty at Federal University of Minas Gerais in Brazil, where he started his own lab. His laboratory is interested in understanding how the cellular components of different tissues function and control disease progression. His group explores the roles of specific cell populations in the tissue microenvironment by using state-of-the-art techniques. His research is funded by the Serrapilheira Institute, CNPq, CAPES, and FAPEMIG. In 2018, Alexander was elected affiliate member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences (ABC), and, in 2019, he was elected member of the Global Young Academy (GYA). He is the Founding Editor and Editor-in-Chief of Current Tissue Microenvironment Reports, and Associate Editor of Molecular Biotechnology. Alexander also serves in the editorial board of several other international journals: Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, Stem Cell Research, Stem Cells and Development, and Histology and Histopathology.
Department of Radiology, Columbia University, USA; Department of Pathology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.