- Inorganic solution chemistry is treated thoroughly
- Emphasis is placed upon NMR, UV-VIS, IR Raman spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, and such topics as acid-base behaviour, stability constants and kinetics
Table of Contents
- Introduction; Solvation numbers; Ion-solvent distances; Ion-solvent interactions; Acid-base behaviour: Hydrolysis and polymerisation; Stability constants; Redox potentials; Kinetics and thermodynamics; Kinetics and mechanisms: Solvent exchange; Kinetics and mechanisms: Complex formation; Kinetics and mechanisms: Substitution at complex ions; Kinetics and mechanisms: Redox reactions; Past, present, and future; Glossary; Further reading; Exercises, problems and projects.
- No. of pages: 232
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 1999
- Published: October 1, 1999
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781782420569
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Ions in Solution"