Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ionic Liquid-based Technologies for Environmental Sustainability explores the range of sustainable and green applications of IL materials achieved in recent years, such as gas solubility, biomass pre-treatment, bio-catalysis, energy storage, gas separation and purification technologies. The book also provides a reference material for future research in IL-based technologies for environmental and energy applications, which are much in-demand due to sustainable, reusable and eco-friendly methods for highly innovative and applied materials.
Written by eminent scholars and leading experts from around the world, the book aims to cover the synthesis and characterization of broad range of ionic liquids and their sustainable applications. Chapters provide cutting-edge research with state-of-the-art developments, including the use of IL-based materials for the removal of pharmaceuticals, dyes and value-added metals.
- Describes the fundamentals and major applications of ionic liquid materials
- Covers up-to-date developments in novel applications of IL materials
- Provides practical tips to aid researchers who work on ionic liquid applications
Researchers, scientists, and engineers from academic and industry in chemistry, chemical engineering, and environmental sciences. Graduate and doctorate students in chemistry, chemical engineering, and environmental sciences
Section A: General introduction on ionic liquids
1. Introduction to ionic liquids and their environment friendly applications
2. Survey and application of ionic liquids as extraction solvents
3. Ionic liquids and supported ILs as novel materials for organic pollutants removal
4. Production of ionic liquids using renewable sources
5. Environmental toxicity and biodegrability of ionic liquids
Section B: Ionic liquids in pollutants extraction
6. Ionic liquids assisted extraction of metals from electronic waste
7. Ionic liquids for desulfurization
8. Significant applications of polymer ionic liquids in solid phase microextraction
9. Ionic liquids assisted pretreatment of cellulose from waste biomass
10. Task specific ionic liquids for the separation and recovery of rare earth elements
11. Ionic liquids as extraction solvents for dyes removal
12. Ionic liquids for the removal of Pharmaceuticals and personal care products
13. Ionic liquid membranes for the separation of aromatic pollutants from wastewater
Section C: Ionic liquids for gas separation and energy storage
14. Application of ionic liquids as energy storage materials
15. Ionic liquid membranes for gas separation
16. Task specific ionic liquids for gas permeability
17. Supported ionic liquids for gas separation
18. Ionic liquid supported nanoparticles for gas sensing applications
19. Ionic liquids mediated CO2 conversion
Section D: Ionic liquids for cleaner production
20. Ionic liquids for bioenergy production
21. Recent applications of Ionic liquids in biocatalysis
22. Functionalized ionic liquids for CO2 capture
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Akil Ahmad is a Teaching Fellow at Universiti Sains Malaysia and has five years of experience as postdoc and six months as Visiting Researcher for Chemical Engineering, Centre of Lipid Engineering and Applied Research, University Technology Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia. He completed a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry (2011) with the topic “Modification of resin for their use in the separation, preconcentration and determination of metal ions” from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India. He has published more than 50 journal articles and book chapters with publishers of international repute. He is an editorial board member of Current World Environment, Sriwijaya Journal of Environment, and Journal of Environmental Science, Computer Science and Engineering & Technology.
Environmental Division, School of Industrial Technology, University of Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
A. Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy is a Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in the Centre of Research in Ionic Liquids (CORIL) at Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), Malaysia. He previously spent three years as Post-Doctoral Researcher in the Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Water Security (IPASA) at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia. He received Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) and Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemistry from Sri Venkateswara University, India. His research is significantly focused on the development of analytical methods for the analysis of New Emerging Pollutants (NEPs) including pesticides, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals and water disinfection by-products. Further, his research is focused on critical part of the drug development process i.e., identiﬁcation, quantification and control of genotoxic and other process related impurities in active pharmaceutical ingredients. Additionally, he has made significant contributions in the wastewater treatment. He has published in over 50 high impact research publications and contributed chapters to books. He is the ‘Editorial Board Member’ and ‘Peer Reviewer’ for 15 high impact ISI journals.
Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Centre of Research in Ionic Liquids (CORIL), Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Department of Chemical Engineering, Perak, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.