- First work on the principles and applications of electrodialysis and related separation processes
- Presently no other comprehensive work that can serve as both reference work and text book is available
- Book is suited for teaching students and as source for detailed information
Table of Contents
- Overview of Ion-Exchange Membrane Processes
The structure of ion-exchange membranes
Ion-exchange membrane processes
Electrochemical and Thermodynamic Fundamentals
Basic electrochemical relations.
Basic thermodynamic relations.
Transport of ions in solutions and membranes.
Preparation and Characterization of Ion-Exchange Membranes
Preparation of ion-exchange membranes.
Characterization of ion-exchange membranes.
Operating Principle of Electrodialysis and Related Processes
The principle of conventional electrodialysis.
Electrodialysis with bipolar membranes.
The principle of diffusion dialysis.
The principle of continuous.
The principle of Donnan dialysis.
Other ion-exchange separation processes.
Ion-Exchange Membrane Process and Equipment Design
Design of electrodialysis processes and equipment.
Bipolar membrane electrodialysis process design.
Diffusion dialysis process and equipment design.
Continuous electrodeionization process design.
Donnan dialysis process and equipment design.
Other ion-exchange membrane processes.
Applications of Ion-Exchange Membrane Separation Processes
Practical application of electrodialysis.
Applications of bipolar membrane electrodialysis.
Practical applications of diffusion dialysis.
Applications of continuous electrodeionization.
Practical applications of Donnan dialysis.
- No. of pages: 360
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2004
- Published: January 29, 2004
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080509402
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444502360
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Ion-Exchange Membrane Separation Processes"