Based on a highly successful series of articles published through the "Optician" journal, this text outlines the range of clinical ocular investigative techniques available to the optometrist and dispensing optician. High-quality, full-color illustrations accompany clear descriptions of all clinical procedures associated with effective ocular examination, from the basics of how to use the slit lamp to more complex visual field assessments such as the examination of ocular blood flow. Clinical, comprehensive and contemporary, this practical text relates knowledge to practice by outlining the benefits, advantages, disadvantages, and pitfalls of each procedure, as well as when and where to use it. This book is an invaluable clinical handbook for anyone involved in the examination of the eye.
- Content builds from the basics, detailing easier procedures and concepts before moving on to more complex clinical ocular investigative techniques.
- An evidence-based approach frequently cites expert sources.
- Original articles from the Optician series have been extensively edited to form an easy-to-follow, cohesive book on investigative techniques.
- Key point and summary tables highlight important points for quick reference.
- Practical advice is offered on procedures and interpretation of results, with tips on potential pitfalls.
Part I. Basic Examination and Assessment
1. Assessment of Vision
2. The Slit Lamp and Its Uses
3. Examination of the Posterior Segment
4. Examination of the Visual Fields
5. Examination of Intraocular Pressure
6. Examination of Colour Vision
Part II. Advanced Examination and Assessment
7. Advanced Examination of Vision
9. Posterior Segment Imaging
10. Examination of Ocular Blood Flow
12. Advance Visual Field Assessment
Part III. Visual Field Assessment
13. Interpretation of Field Assessment Data
14. Field Loss in Glaucoma
15. Field Loss in Neurological Disease
16. Artifacts of Field Assessments. Use of the Amsler Grid
Questions and Answers
- No. of pages:
- 16th December 2002
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: