Now in its 6th edition, Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography, by Drs. John Pellerito and Joseph Polak, provides an easily accessible, concise overview of arterial and venous ultrasound. A new co-editor and new contributors have updated this classic with cutting-edge diagnostic procedures as well as new chapters on evaluating organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and more. High-quality images, videos, and online access make this an ideal introduction to this complex and rapidly evolving technique.
- Find information quickly with sections organized by clinical rationale, anatomy, examination technique, findings, and interpretation.
- Get a thorough review of ultrasound vascular diagnosis, including peripheral veins and arteries, carotid and vertebral arteries, abdominal vessels, and transcranial Doppler.
- Quickly reference numerous tables for examination protocols, normal values, diagnostic parameters, and ultrasound findings for selected conditions.
- Visualize important techniques with hundreds of lavish line drawings and clinical ultrasound examples.
- Hemodynamic considerations in peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular disease
- Physics and instrumentation in Doppler and B-mode ultrasonography
- Basic concepts of doppler frequency spectrum analysis and ultrasound blood flow imaging
- Vascular applications of ultrasound contrast agents
- The role of ultrasound in the management of cerebrovascular disease
- Normal cerbrovascular anatomy and collateral pathways
- Normal findings and technical aspects of carotid sonography
- Ultrasound assessment of carotid plaque
- Ultrasound assessment of carotid stenosis
- Carotid occlusion, unusual carotid pathology and tricky carotid cases
- Ultrasound assessment of the vertebral arteries
- Ultrasound assessment of the intracranial arteries
- Arterial anatomy of the extremities
- Nonimaging physiologic tests for assessment of lower extremity arterial disease
- Assessment of upper extremity arterial occlusive arterial disease
- Ultrasound evaluation before and after hemodialysis access
- Ultrasound assessment of lower extremity arteries
- Ultrasound assessment during and after carotid peripheral intervention
- Ultrasound in the assessment and management of arterial emergencies
- Risk factors and the role of ultrasound in the management of extremity venous disease
- Extremity venous anatomy and technique for ultrasound examination
- Ultrasound diagnosis of lower extremity v
SECTION 1: BASICS
SECTION 2: CEREBRAL VESSELS
SECTION 3: EXTREMITY ARTERIES
SECTION 4: EXTREMITY VEINS
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 17th May 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Radiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Vice Chair of Business Development, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts; Chief of Radiology, Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts