- Print ISBN 9780323261715
- Electronic ISBN 9780323261760
- Case examples provide real-life snapshots of what it is like to participate in different types of research processes, identify research dilemmas relevant to chapter subjects, and alert you to problems you might encounter.
- Authors make the topics more accessible, so research becomes more relevant - and topics come to life.
- Covers experimental-type, naturalistic, and mixed method design strategies to improve your ability to compare, contrast, and integrate different methods.
- Presents complex information clearly in a highly readable, and easy-to-understand, manner.
- Includes detailed discussions of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
1. Research as an Important Way of Knowing
3. Research Ethics
Part II: Thinking Processes
4. Philosophical Foundations
5. Framing the Problem
6. Developing a Knowledge Base Through Literature and Resources
7. Theory in Research
8. Asking Questions and Posing Queries
9. Language and Thinking Processes
Part III: Design Approaches
10. Experimental-Type Designs
11. Naturalistic Designs
12. Mixed Method Designs
Part V: Action Processes
13. Setting Boundaries
14. Boundary Setting in Experimental-Type Design
15. Boundary Setting in Naturalistic Analysis
16. Boundary Setting in Mixed Methods
17. Collecting Information
18. Collecting Data Through Measurement in Experimental-Type Design
19. Gathering Information in Naturalistic Analysis
20. Preparing and Organizing Data
21. Statistical Analysis for Experimental-Type Research
22. Analysis in Naturalistic Inquiry
23. Sharing Research Knowledge Before the Study
24. Sharing Research Knowledge During and After the Study
Part V: Improving Practice Through Inquiry
25. Reciprocal Roles of Research, Knowledge Development, and Practice
26. Stories from the Field
- No. of pages:
- © 2016
- 10th March 2015
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: