This title is now available under ISBN 9780702051654.
Printed book plus Pageburst™ access. You will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst™ enhances learning not only by bringing world class content to your fingertips but also by letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it in a way that suits you. Pageburst™ frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
Struggling to understand the language of research? Need to understand the basic principles and processes of research? Do you find it difficult to know how to apply research to clinical practice?
This third edition of Introduction to Research for Midwives is the answer! In simple language, it explains the world of research both for those who must use it as part of evidence-based practice and those undertaking research.
The content is particularly student-friendly and provides clear guidelines on critiquing research articles and producing successful reviews of the literature, with many tips on producing assignments that really work.
All midwives and other health professionals will find this book invaluable in applying research to their own practice.
- No prior knowledge of research needed
- Written in a simple, practical style
- Applied to the context of evidence-based practice
- Comprehensive glossary of research terms
- Quantitative and qualitative research approaches clarified and illustrated
- Time-saving study skills highlighted
- Key points summaries for quick revision
1. Midwifery, research and evidence-based practice
2. Key concepts in research
3. The basic framework of research
4. Qualitative research approaches
5. Critiquing research articles
6. Reviewing the literature
7. The research question
8. Ethics and research
13. Statistics in research
14. Sampling methods
15. The challenge of the future
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2012
- 20th March 2011
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: