Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 8th Edition is a solid orientation to the field of radiologic technology whether you’re a new or perspective student. Updated content throughout reflects the newest curriculum standards outlined by the ARRT and ASRT, along with the latest medical terminology, units of measurement, and radiation protection standards. The clear, logical progression of the text is perfect for students who are unfamiliar with the subject matter. The book opens with a historical overview of medicine and radiology, followed by insights into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital and conventional imaging, patient care, and radiation safety. Other topics include ethics, medical-legal considerations, and quality assurance giving you a wide-body of knowledge required for a successful career in the imaging sciences.
- UPDATED! Career advancement opportunities and newest medical terminology ensures you are ready for the clinical environment.
- A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- Thorough introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what you can expect in your coursework.
- Sound foundation for a radiography career ensures that you understand customer service, ethics and professionalism, professional organizations, and continuing education requirements after graduation.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
- Cultural diversity coverage orients you to the challenge of dealing with patients from different cultures in the medical environment.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, and review questions featured in every chapter.
Part I: Becoming a Radiologic Technologist
1. Introduction to Quality Patient Service
2. Becoming an Outstanding Student
3. Evolution of Health Care Delivery
4. Radiology: A Historic Perspective
Part II: Practicing the Profession
5. Radiography Education: From Classroom to Clinic
6. The Language of Medicine
7. Diagnostic Imaging and Equipment
8. Imaging Examinations: Diagnosing Disease and Injury
9. Ethics, Professionalism, and Law in Radiologic Technology
10. Orientation to Patient Care
11. Organization and Operation of the Radiology Department
12. Quality Assurance in Radiology
13. Radiation Safety and Protection
14. Health Professions
Part III: Growing With the Profession
15. The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
16. Professional Associations
17. Clinical Specialization in Radiologic Technology
18. Professional Advancement in Education and Management
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2020
- 12th June 1996
- Paperback ISBN:
Associate Dean, Department of Health Professions, Director, Associate Degree Radiography Program, Academic Services Division, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL, USA