Using a clear and concise format, Introduction to Radiologic and Imaging Sciences and Patient Care, 7th Edition delivers the latest radiologic, imaging science and patient care skills you need to prepare for certification and practice. This new edition includes updates on current digital imaging and instrumentation, providing you with the essential information and tools needed to master any introduction to radiologic sciences class. Chapter review questions and lab activities available online and on tear sheets in the text give you easy access to on-the-go learning. This text not only helps to prepare you for parts of the certification exam, but the content provides useful and practical information that is needed for professional practice and clinical success.
- Step-by-step procedures presented in boxed lists throughout the text supply you with easy to follow steps so you are well prepared for clinical success.
- Back-of-book review questions provide you with an opportunity for review and greater challenge.
- More than 300 photos and line drawings help you understand and visualize patient-care procedures.
- Strong pedagogy, including chapter objectives, key terms, outline and summaries helps you organize information and ensure that you understand what is most important in every chapter.
PART I: The Profession of Radiologic Technology
1. Introduction to Imaging and Radiologic Sciences
2. Professional Organizations
3. Educational Survival Skills
4. Critical-Thinking and Problem-Solving Strategies
PART II: Introduction to the Clinical Environment
5. Introduction to Clinical Education
6. Radiology Administration
7. Radiographic Imaging
8. Radiographic and Fluoroscopic Equipment
9. Basic Radiation Protection and Radiobiology
10. Human Diversity
PART III: Patient Care
11. Patient Interactions
12. History Taking
13. Safe Patient Movement and Handling Techniques
14. Immobilization Techniques
15. Vital Signs, Oxygen, Chest Tubes, and Lines
16. Basic Cardiac Monitoring: The Electrocardiogram
17. Infection Control
18. Aseptic Techniques
19. Nonaseptic Techniques
20. Medical Emergencies
22. Principles of Drug Administration
23. Contrast Media and Introduction to Radiopharmaceuticals
PART IV: Ethical and Legal Issues
24. Professional Ethics
25. Health Records and Health Information Management
26. Medical Law
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 17th August 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Director, Radiologic Sciences Programs, Indiana University Northwest, Gary, Indiana
Director, Radiologic Sciences, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.