1. Introduction to plastics
3. Plastic properties and testing
4. Additives for plastics
5. Plastic processing
6. Plastics part design and application
7. Environmental aspects of plastics
Introduction to Plastics Engineering provides a single reference covering the basics of polymer and plastics materials, and their properties, design, processing and applications in a practical way. The book discusses materials engineering through properties formulation, combining part design and processing to produce final products. This book will be a beneficial guide to materials engineers developing new formulations, processing engineers producing those formulations, and design and product engineers seeking to understand the materials and methods for developing new applications. The book incorporates material properties, engineering, processing, design, applications and sustainable and bio based solutions.
Ideal for those just entering the industry, or transitioning between sectors, this is a quick, relevant and informative reference guide to plastics engineering and processing for engineers and plastics practitioners.
- Provides a single unified reference covering plastics materials, properties, design, processing and applications
- Offers end-to-end coverage of the industry, from formulation to part design, processing, and the final product
- Serves as an ideal introductory book for new plastics engineers and students of plastics engineering
- Provides a convenient reference for more experienced practitioners
Plastics engineers, manufacturing engineers, plastics technologists, processing engineers, design engineers, and product engineers involved with plastics material development or modification
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 17th May 2018
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Shrivastava is a polymer engineer in the medical device industry specializing in new product and process development, polymeric materials, and regulatory process and compliance. He is currently a Senior Advanced Materials Engineer, Delphi Packard, and formerly a Project Engineer at Metis Manufacturing Group.