1. Introduction to plastics
3. Plastic properties and testing
4. Additives for plastics
5. Plastic processing
6. Plastics part design and application
7. Environmental aspects of plastics
A single reference covering plastics materials, properties, design, processing, and application, this book covers the basics of polymer materials and processing in a practical way for the early career plastics engineer or student of materials, and is also a useful reference for the experienced plastics technologist.
The book discusses material engineering through properties formulation, and combines it with part design and processing to produce the final product. This book will be a beneficial guide to material engineers developing new formulations, processing engineers producing those formulations, design engineers, product engineers in understanding the materials and methods for developing new applications. It incorporates material properties, engineering, processing, design, application, and sustainable and bio based solutions.
Ideal for those just entering the industry, or transitioning between sectors, this is a quick, relevant and informative reference guide to plastics engineering and processing for engineers and plastics practitioners.
- A single, unified reference covering plastics materials, properties, design, processing, and applications
- End-to-end coverage of the industry, from formulation to part design, processing, and the final product
- Ideal introductory book for new plastics engineers and students of plastics engineering, and a convenient reference for more experienced practitioners
Plastics engineers, manufacturing engineers, plastics technologists, processing engineers, design engineers, product engineers, involved with plastics material development or modification
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 1st March 2018
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Shrivastava is a polymer engineer in the medical device industry specializing in new product and process development, polymeric materials, and regulatory process and compliance. He is currently a Senior Advanced Materials Engineer, Delphi Packard, and formerly a Project Engineer at Metis Manufacturing Group.