- How-To videos on the Evolve companion website let you watch the construction of orthotics again and again to increase your proficiency.
- Review questions and self-quizzes reinforce your comprehension of the material.
- Case studies in each chapter show how concepts relate to real-life clinical practice.
- Self-evaluation forms allow you to analyze your strengths and weaknesses related to new orthotic intervention techniques.
- Laboratory exercises test your clinical reasoning and technical skills.
- High-quality photos and line drawings illustrate key concepts and techniques.
- Combined textbook/workbook format makes it easier to develop fundamental skills in the theory, design, and fabrication of orthoses,
- Spiral binding lets the book lay flat when opened for convenient use while on the job.
Unit One: Foundations of Orthotic Intervention
1. Foundations of Orthotics
2. Occupation-Based Orthotic Intervention
3. Orthotic Processes, Tools & Techniques
4. Anatomic and Biomechanical Principles Related to Orthotic Provision
5. Clinical Examination and Implications for Orthotic Intervention
6. Clinical Reasoning for Orthotic Fabrication
Unit Two: Orthotic Intervention for Conditions and Populations
7. Orthoses Acting on the Wrist
8. Orthoses Acting on the Thumb
9. Orthoses Acting on the Hand
10. Orthoses Acting on the Elbow
11. Orthoses Acting on the Fingers
12. Orthotic Intervention for Mobilization
13. Orthotic Intervention for Nerve Injuries
14. Orthotic Intervention for Spasticity
15. Orthotic Intervention for Older Adults
16. Orthotic Intervention for the Pediatric Population
Unit Three: Topics Related to Orthotic Intervention
17. Lower Extremity Orthoses
18. Upper Extremity Prosthetics
19. Ethical Issues Related to Orthotic Provision
Appendix A: Web Resources and Vendors
Appendix B: Answers to Quizzes, Laboratory Exercises, and Case Studies