UNIT ONE: An Overview of Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
1. The Past, Present, and Future
UNIT TWO: Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women's Health
2. Human Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
3. Prenatal Development
4. Prenatal Care and Adaptations to Pregnancy
5. Nursing Care of Women with Complications During Pregnancy
6. Nursing Care of Mother and Infant During Labor and Birth
7. Nursing Management of Pain During Labor and Birth
8. Nursing Care of Women with Complications During Labor and Birth
9. The Family After Birth
10. Nursing Care of Women with Complications Following Birth
11. The Nurse's Role in Women's Health Care
12. The Term Newborn
13. Preterm and Postterm Newborns
14. The Newborn with a Congenital Malformation
UNIT THREE: The Growing Child and Family
15. An Overview of Growth, Development, and Nutrition
16. The Infant
17. The Toddler
18. The Preschool Child
19. The School-Age Child
20. The Adolescent
UNIT FOUR: Adapting Care to the Pediatric Patient
21. The Child's Experience of Hospitalization
22. Health Care Adaptations for the Child and Family
UNIT FIVE: The Child Needing Nursing Care
23. The Child with a Sensory or Neurological Condition
24. The Child with a Musculoskeletal Condition
25. The Child with a Respiratory Disorder NEW!
26. The Childe with a Cardiovascular Disorder NEW!
27. The Child with a Condition of the Blood, Blood-Forming Organs or Lymphatic System
28. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Condition
29. The Child with a Genitourinary Condition
30. The Child with a Skin Disorder
31. The Child with a Metabolic Condition
32. The Child with a Communicable Disease
33. The Child with an Emotional or Behavioral Condition
UNIT SIX: The Changing Health Care Environment
Part of the popular LPN Threads series, Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing provides a solid foundation in obstetrics and pediatric nursing. An easy-to-follow organization by developmental stages, discussion of disorders by body system from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness, and a focus on family health make it a complete guide to caring for maternity and pediatric patients. Written in a clear, concise style by Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, this edition reflects the current NCLEX® test plan with additional material on safety, health promotion, nutrition, and related psychosocial care.
- Cultural Considerations boxes and a Cultural Assessment Data Collection Tool help in developing individualized plans of care.
- Updated health promotion content includes Health Promotion boxes focusing on preventive strategies for achieving prenatal wellness, health during pregnancy, postnatal health, and pediatric illness prevention and wellness -- including the complete immunization schedules for all ages.
- Nursing Tips provide information applying to the clinical setting.
- Objectives are listed in each chapter opener.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations and text page references at the beginning of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plans with critical thinking questions help you understand how a care plan is developed, how to evaluate care of a patient, and how to apply critical thinking skills.
- A companion Evolve website includes animations, videos, answers to review questions and answer guidelines for critical thinking questions, an English/Spanish audio glossary, critical thinking case studies, and additional review questions for the NCLEX examination.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 29th September 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, Obstetric and Pediatric Nursing, Riverside City College, Riverside, CA