Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Fluorine, Fluorocarbons, and Fluoropolymers in Human Life
2. Fluorine and Fluorocarbons
3. Discovery and History of Fluoropolymers
4. History of Expanded PTFE Porous Membranes
5. Introduction to Fluoropolymers
6. Manufacturing Polytetrafluoroethylene
7. Processing, Part Fabrication and Applications of PTFE (NEW)
8. Manufacturing Melt Processible Copolymers of Tetrafluoroethylene (NEW)
9. Manufacturing and Applications of Vinylidene Fluoride Polymers and Copolymers
10. Processing, Part Fabrication and Applications of Melt Processible Fluoropolymers (NEW)
11. Manufacturing and Applications of Fluoroelastomers
12. Manufacturing and Applications of Fluorinated Additives
13. Polyvinyl Fluoride: The First Durable Replacement for Paint
14. Fluorinated Coatings: Technology, History, and Applications
15. Fluorinated Ionomers: History, Properties, and Applications
16. Safety, Disposal, and Recycling of Fluoropolymers
Introduction to Fluoropolymers, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive overview of the history, principles, properties, processing and applications of fluoropolymers, supporting their development and utilization in high-performance applications, components, and products. This second edition has been updated and expanded to include new in-depth chapters on manufacturing and applications of PTFE and melt processible fluoropolymers.
The book begins by demonstrating the role of fluoropolymers in everyday life, before introducing the history and basic principles of fluoropolymers. This is followed by detailed coverage of the main fluoropolymer types. Properties and applications are illustrated by real-world examples as diverse as waterproof clothing, vascular grafts and coatings for aircraft interiors. The different applications of fluoropolymers show the benefits of a group of materials that are highly water-repellant and flame-retardant, with unrivalled lubrication properties and a high level of biocompatibility. Health and safety and environmental aspects are also covered throughout the book, with a final chapter examining safety, disposal, and recycling in detail.
This book is an essential resource for anyone looking to understand or use fluoropolymer materials in their products. This includes engineers, product designers, manufacturers, scientists, researchers, and other professionals, across industries such as automotive, aerospace, medical devices, food and beverages, high performance apparel, oil and gas, renewable energy, solar photovoltaics, electronics and semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, and chemical processing. This is also a valuable introductory guide for academic researchers and advanced students in plastics engineering, polymer science, and materials science.
- Introduces and demystifies fluoropolymers for a wide audience of engineers, designers, professionals, and researchers, across industries and disciplines
- Covers a broad range of materials, including polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), polyvinyl fluoride (PVF), vinylidene fluoride polymers, fluoroelastomers, and more
- Focuses on properties, processing methods and advanced industrial applications of fluoropolymers
Industry: Engineers, product designers, manufacturers, scientists, researchers, and other professionals across industries (plastics engineering, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, food & beverages, high performance apparel, oil & gas, renewable energy, solar photovoltaics, electronics & semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing, etc.); Academia: Researchers and advanced students conducting interdisciplinary research in plastics engineering, polymer science, or materials science
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2020
- 1st January 2021
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
Sina Ebnesajjad is the series editor of Plastics Design Library (PDL) published in the William Andrew imprint of Elsevier. This Series is a unique series, comprising technology and applications handbooks, data books and practical guides tailored to the needs of practitioners. Sina was the editor-in-chief of William Andrew Publishing from 2005 to 2007, which was acquired by Elsevier in 2009.
He retired as a Senior Technology Associate in 2005 from the DuPont fluoropolymers after nearly 24 years of service. Sina founded of FluoroConsultants Group, LLC in 2006 where he continues to work. Sina earned his Bachelor of Science from the School of Engineering of the University of Tehran in 1976, Master of Science and PhD from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, all in Chemical Engineering.
He is author, editor and co-author of fifteen technical and data books including five handbooks on fluoropolymers technology and applications. He is author and co-author of three books in surface preparation and adhesion of materials, two of which are in their second editions. Sina has been involved with technical writing and publishing since 1974.
His experiences include fluoropolymer technologies (polytetrafluoroethylene and its copolymers) including polymerization, finishing, fabrication, product development, failure analysis, market development and technical service. Sina holds six patents.
Fluoroconsultants Group, Chadds Ford, PA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.