Introduction to Fluoropolymers
Materials, Technology, and Applications
- Introduces and demystifies fluoropolymers for a wide audience of engineers, designers, professionals, and researchers, across industries and disciplines
- Covers a broad range of materials, including polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), polyvinyl fluoride (PVF), vinylidene fluoride polymers, fluoroelastomers, and more
- Focuses on properties, processing methods and advanced industrial applications of fluoropolymers
Table of Contents
- 1. Fluorine, Fluorocarbons, and Fluoropolymers in Human Life -- A Day with the Smiths.
2. From Fundamentals to Applications
3. Fluoropolymers -- Discovery, History, Evolution, and Consumption
4. History of Expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene and W.L. Gore & Associates
5. Introduction to Thermoplastic Fluoropolymers
6. Manufacturing and Properties of Polytetrafluoroethylene
7. Processing and Fabrication of Granular Polytetrafluoroethylene
8. Fabrication and Processing of Fine Powder Polytetrafluoroethylene
9. Fabrication and Processing of Polytetrafluoroethylene Dispersions
10. Manufacturing Melt-Processible Copolymers of Tetrafluoroethylene
11. Introduction to Vinylidene Fluoride Polymers
12. Processing and Fabrication of Parts from Melt-Processible Fluoropolymers
13. Manufacturing and Properties of Polychlorotrifluoroethylene
14. Processing and Fabrication of Polychlorotrifluoroethylene
15. Applications of Fluoropolymers
17. Fluoropolymer and Fluorinated Additives
18. Polyvinyl Fluoride: The First Durable Replacement for Paint
19. Fluorinated Coatings; Technology, History, and Applications
20. Fluorinated Ionomers: History, Properties, and Applications
21. Functional Fluoropolymers
- No. of pages: 418
- Language: English
- Copyright: © William Andrew 2020
- Published: December 8, 2020
- Imprint: William Andrew
- eBook ISBN: 9780128192993
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780128191231
About the Author
He retired as a Senior Technology Associate in 2005 from the DuPont fluoropolymers after nearly 24 years of service. Sina founded of FluoroConsultants Group, LLC in 2006 where he continues to work. Sina earned his Bachelor of Science from the School of Engineering of the University of Tehran in 1976, Master of Science and PhD from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, all in Chemical Engineering.
He is author, editor and co-author of fifteen technical and data books including five handbooks on fluoropolymers technology and applications. He is author and co-author of three books in surface preparation and adhesion of materials, two of which are in their second editions. Sina has been involved with technical writing and publishing since 1974.
His experiences include fluoropolymer technologies (polytetrafluoroethylene and its copolymers) including polymerization, finishing, fabrication, product development, failure analysis, market development and technical service. Sina holds six patents.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Introduction to Fluoropolymers"