- Surveys every major commercial floriculture crop in detail
- Covers history, taxonomy, economics, propagation, general culture, disease and insect problems, physiological disorders, and marketing in each chapter
- Presents the latest information that can be used as guidelines for the commercial production of crops
- Discusses response of specific crops to management practices such as temperature and daylength manipulation, use of growth regulators, and hypobaric storage
- Written by 25 recognized floriculture crop experts
Table of Contents
- Cut Flowers:
A.M. Kofranek, Cut Chrysanthemums.
C.A. Whealy, Carnations.
D.J. Durkin, Roses.
M.N. Rogers, Snapdragons.
T.J. Sheehan, Orchids.
G.J. Wilfret, Gladiolus.
A.M. Armitage, Specialty Cut Flowers.
A. De Hertogh, Bulbous and Tuberous Plants.
R.A. Larson, Azaleas.
G.D. Crater, Potted Chrysanthemums.
R.K. Kimmins, Gloxinias, African Violets, and Other Gesneriads.
D.E. Hartley, Poinsettias.
T.C. Weiler, Easter Lilies.
D.A. Bailey, Hydrangeas.
R.E. Widmer, Cyclamen.
M.G. Karlsson and R.D. Heins, Begonias.
A.J. Pertuit, Jr., Kalanchoe.
W.C. Fonteno, Geraniums.
P.A. Hammer, Other Flowering Pot Plants.
W.H. Carlson, M.P. Kaczperski, and E.M. Rowley, Bedding Plants.
V.R. Walter, Hanging Baskets, Standards, Combination Pots, and Vertical Gardens.
C.A. Conover, Foliage Plants.
- No. of pages: 636
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1992
- Published: February 25, 1992
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780124077911
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Introduction to Floriculture"