Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Introduction to Deep Learning and Neural Networks with Python™: A Practical Guide is an intensive step-by-step guide for neuroscientists to fully understand, practice, and build neural networks. Providing math and Python™ code examples to clarify neural network calculations, by book’s end readers will fully understand how neural networks work starting from the simplest model Y=X and building from scratch. Details and explanations are provided on how a generic gradient descent algorithm works based on mathematical and Python™ examples, teaching you how to use the gradient descent algorithm to manually perform all calculations in both the forward and backward passes of training a neural network.
- Examines the practical side of deep learning and neural networks
- Provides a problem-based approach to building artificial neural networks using real data
- Describes Python™ functions and features for neuroscientists
- Uses a careful tutorial approach to describe implementation of neural networks in Python™
- Features math and code examples (via companion website) with helpful instructions for easy implementation
Neuroscientists, especially those who work in systems and computational neuroscience who want to build artificial neural networks. Additional researchers who use Python™ or want to learn how. Researchers in biomedical engineering and neural engineering
- Preparing the Development Environment
2. Introduction to ANN
3. ANN with 1 Input and 1 Output
4. Working with Any Number of Inputs
5. Working with Hidden Layers
6. Using Any Number of Hidden Neurons
7. ANN with 2 Hidden Layers
8. ANN with 3 Hidden Layers
9. Any Number of Hidden Layers
10. Generic ANN
11. Speeding Neural Network using Cython and PyPy
12. Deploying Neural Network to Mobile Devices
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st December 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Gad is a data neuroscientist who is passionate about artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, and Python with over 7 projects in the fields. He is a researcher at both the University of Ottawa, Canada and Menoufia University, Egypt and also serves in a teaching capacity as an Assistant Lecturer. He has contributed to over 80 original articles and additional tutorials in addition to his previous 3 books. He hopes to continue adding value to the neural data science community by sharing his writings, recorded tutorials, and consultation with new trainees in the field.
Researcher and Assistant Lecturer, Menoufia University, Egypt
Fatima Ezzahra Jarmouni is an M.Sc. junior data scientist interested in statistics, data science, machine learning, and deep learning. Currently enrolled in a PhD program in machine learning at ENSIAS. She codes with Python and has experience in Python data science libraries including NumPy, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, and Keras.
Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Informatique et d'Analyse des Systemes, Rabat, Morocco
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.