Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Intravascular Ultrasound: From Acquisition to Advanced Quantitative Analysis covers topics of the whole imaging pipeline, ranging from the definition of the clinical problem and image acquisition systems to image processing and analysis, including the assisted clinical-decision making procedures and treatment planning (stent deployment and follow up). Atherosclerosis, a disease of the vessel wall that produces vessel narrowing and obstruction, is the major cause of cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack or stroke. This book covers all aspects of this imaging tool that allows for the visualization of internal vessel structures and the quantification and characterization of coronary plaque.
- Provides an introduction to the clinical workflow and current challenges in endovascular interventions
- Presents a review of the state-of-the-art methodologies in IVUS imaging and their applications
- Includes a rich analysis of the current and potential future connections between the academic, clinical and industrial fields
Engineers, mathematicians, physics researchers and graduate students and computer scientists working in medical imaging and stenting, biomechanics, 3D visualization, tissue characterization, plaque evolution and rupture analysis. Radiologists and cardiologist
Section I - Clinical IVUS
1.Clinical IVUS - Clinical utility of IVUS and how to use it
2. Usefulness of Intravascular Ultrasound in Chronic Total Occlusions Recanalization
3. IVUS intra-cardiac echocardiography (ICE)
4. Carotid IVUS
Section II - IVUS Image Analysis
5. A state-of-the-art intravascular ultrasound diagnostic system
6. Multi-modality IVUS-OCT, IVUS-NIRS, IVUS-fluorescence
7. Quantitative Assessment and Prediction of Coronary Plaque Development using Serial Intravascular Ultrasound and Virtual Histology
8. Training Convolutional Nets to Detect Calcified Plaque in IVUS Sequences
9. Computer-Aided Detection of Intra-Coronary Stent Location and Extension in Intravascular Ultrasound Sequences
10. Real-Time Robust Simultaneous Catheter and Environment Modeling for Endovascular Navigation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 9th June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Simone Balocco is Associate Professor of the University of Barcelona, Departement of Mathematics and Informatics, and is senior researcher at the Computer Vision Center, Bellaterra. He obtained a PhD degree in Acoustics at the laboratory Creatis, Lyon and in Electronic and Telecommunication in MSD Lab, University of Florence (Italy). He performed a post-doc at the laboratory CISTIB, at the University Pompeu Fabra. Dr. Balocco main research interest are pattern recognition and computer vision methods for the computer-aided detection of clinical pathologies. In particular his research focuses on Ultrasound and Magnetic Imaging applications and vascular modelling.
Associate professor, University of Barcelona, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.