Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
How can private equity investors exploit investment opportunities in foreign markets? Peter Cornelius uses a proprietary database to investigate and describe private equity markets worldwide, revealing their levels of integration, their risks, and the ways that investors can mitigate those risks. In three major sections that concentrate on the risk and return profile of private equity, the growth dynamics of discrete markets and geographies, and opportunities for private equity investments, he offers hard-to-find analyses that fill knowledge gaps about foreign markets. Observing that despite the progressive dismantling of barriers investors are still home-biased, he demonstrates that a methodical approach to understanding foreign private equity markets can take advantage of the macroeconomic and structural factors that drive supply and demand dynamics in individual markets.
- Foreword by Josh Lerner
- Teaches readers how to investigate and analyze foreign private equity markets
- Forecasts private equity investment opportunities via macroeconomic and structural factors in individual markets
- Draws on data from a proprietary database covering 250 buyout and VC funds and 7,000 portfolio companies
Investment professionals as well as upper-division undergraduates and graduate students worldwide studying investments and financial markets
PART I: PRIVATE EQUITY AS AN ASSET CLASS
2. Organization, Value Creation and Performance
3. Global Benchmarks
4. Private Equity in Diversified Investment Portfolios
5. Designing Private Equity Programs in Open Markets
PART II: MARKETS, INVESTMENT FLOWS AND DUE DILIGENCE
6. Global Markets, Regional Penetration and Country Risk
7. Private Equity Funds and Cross-Border Acquisitions
8. Cross-Border Fund Commitments, due Diligence and the Allocation Matrix
9. Regional Integration
10. Fund Investments and Currency movements
PART III: WHAT’S NEXT?
11. Private Equity in the Era of Deleveraging
PART IV: STRATEGIC CONVERSATIONS WITH GENERAL PARTNERS
12. Chasing Deals Globally: Expansion Strategies and Risk Management of Leading Private Equity Firms
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2011
- 20th December 2010
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Peter Cornelius is a Research Fellow at the Emerging Markets Institute, Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA.
Research Fellow, Emerging Markets Institute, Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.