As the position of sport management in the higher education curriculum becomes stronger by the year, the numbers of students and staff who are teaching and learning on sport management related modules is growing exponentially. International Cases in the Business of Sport focuses specifically on the analysis of high profile cases studies within the management of sport businesses and offers an innovative teaching solution to a market which has been poorly served until now.
Edited by two leading figures in the field, the text provides:
- a fantastic range of global sports cases authored by renowned experts in the field
- cutting edge analysis and comprehensive diagnosis of major international professional sport business cases
- a clear and structured presentation and examination of key issues within each case
- a strong blend of academic and practitioner analysis and commentary
- an informative and comprehensive resource for those seeking a better understanding of developments in commercial sport
International Cases in the Business of Sport is a truly international text examining sports from a global perspective and including case studies on: football, rugby, baseball, athletics, cricket, motor sports and sailing.
There is a companion website available for tutors using this text with further analysis, more cases and extra questions and exercises at www.textbooks.elsevier.com You must be registered and logged in via the tab at the top right of this page to access the teaching support materials.
- The first truly international contemporary case book on sport management
- Delivers cutting edge analysis, comprehensive diagnosis and a strong combination of academic and practitioner commentary on leading international sport business cases
- Written by high profile and leading experts in the field of sports management, the book will also be accompanied by comprehensive supplements available on textbooks.elsevier.com
Primary: undergraduates on sport management and sports studies courses; academics who require case material for their classes
Secondary: practitioners in the sport management industry
MÉS QUE UN CLUB (MORE THAN A CLUB): THE COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF FC BARCELONA Simon Chadwick and Dave Arthur
Case 2 BRANDING SPORT TEAMS IN A COMPETITIVE CONTEXT: A LOOK AT TEAM BRANDING STRATEGIES IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE André Richelieu and Frank Pons
Case 3 ESPN STAR SPORTS James Santomier
Case 4 THE CHALLENGES OF MODERNISING A PROFESSIONAL SPORT: A CASE STUDY OF PROFESSIONAL ROAD CYCLING Stephen Morrow and Catharine Idle
Case 5 SWEATYBETTY: BY WOMEN, FOR WOMEN Leigh Sparks
Case 6 UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB – PUTTING AN APPROPRIATE STRATEGY IN PLACE Anne Bourke
Case 7 WHO COULD WISH FOR MORE? NEW ZEALAND’S COAST-TO-COAST MULTISPORT EVENT Geoff Dickson and Sean Phelps
Case 8 TWENTY-20 AND ENGLISH DOMESTIC CRICKET Paul Kitchin
Case 9 MANCHESTER UNITED: THE COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF A GLOBAL FOOTBALL BRAND Sean Hamil
Case 10 SOMETHING FOR NOTHING - THE FREE TICKET MYTH Paul Muller and Dave Arthur
Case 11 GUINNESS, SPORT, AND THE POSITIONING OF A GLOBAL BRAND John Amis
Case 12 SPORTS IN THE COUNTRY OF A BILLION: A STUDY OF THE MARKETING POSSIBILITIES AND THE RESULTING DEVELOPMENT OF LESS POPULAR SPORTS IN INDIA K.K. Ramachandran
Case 13 DEVELOPMENTS IN WEB TECHNOLOGY: ENHANCING THE VIEWING SPECTACLE OF SPORT
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2008
- 19th November 2007
- Paperback ISBN:
'A must have text for students and a valuable reference for professionals, International Cases in the Business of Sport provides a clear and stimulating insight into the ever changing, and increasingly expanding, global sport market.' Rob Wilson, Senior lecturer in Sport Management, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.