Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
PART ONE TYPES AND PROPERTIES OF INTERMETALLIC MATRIX COMPOSITES
2. Nickel aluminides
3. Titanium aluminides
4. Molybdenum disilicide
5. Al-based matrix composites reinforced with intermetallic phases
PART TWO PROCESSING, CHARACTERIZATION (SOLID STATE COOLING) AND TESTING METHODS
6. Liquid metallurgy processing of intermetallic matrix composites
7. Self-propagating High Temperature Synthesis (SHS) of intermetallic matrix composites
8. Bonding/joining techniques
9. Hot pressing and spark plasma sintering techniques
10. Reactive and liquid phase sintering techniques
PART THREE MODELLING TECHNIQUES, STRENGTHENING, FAILURE AND REPAIR
11. Oxidation and environmental degradation of intermetallic matrix composites
12. Intermetallic composites toughened with ductile reinforcements
13. Functionally gradient intermetallic composites
14. Role of intermetallics in the corrosion of aluminium alloys and smart coatings protection
Intermetallic Matrix Composites: Properties and Applications is a comprehensive guide that studies the types and properties of intermetallic matrix composites, including their processing techniques, characterization and the various testing methods associated with these composites. In addition, it presents modeling techniques, their strengthening mechanisms and the important area of failure and repair. Advanced /complex IMCs are then explained, such as Self-healing IMCs and laminated intermetallic composites. The book concludes by delving into the industries that use these materials, including the automotive industry.
- Reviews the latest research in intermetallic matrix composites
- Contains a focus on properties and applications
- Includes contributions from leading experts in the field
Researchers and engineers working within the field of intermetallics
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 31st October 2014
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, India
Indian Institute of Technology, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.