- Summarises the main types of intelligent textiles and their uses
- Reviews phase change materials and their role in clothing
- Discusses shape memory materials and their applications
Table of Contents
- Intelligent textiles and clothing – a part of our intelligent ambience; Methods and models for intelligent garment design. Part 1 Phase change material: Introduction to phase change materials; Intelligent textiles with PCMs; The use of phase change materials in outdoor clothing. Part 2 Shape memory materials: Introduction to shape memory materials; Temperature sensitive shape memory polymers for smart textile applications; Development of shape memory alloy fabrics for composite structures; Study of shape memory polymer films for breathable textiles; Engineering textile and clothing aesthetics using shape changing materials. Part 3 Chromic and conductive materials: Introduction to chromic materials; Solar textiles, production and distribution of electricity coming from solar radiation; Introduction to conductive materials; Formation of electrical circuits in textile structures; Stability enhancement of polypyrrole coated textiles; Electrical, morphological and electromechanical properties of conductive polymers fibres (yarns); Multipurpose textile based sensors; Textile micro system technology. Part 4 Applications: Wear care – usability of intelligent materials in work wear; Intelligent textiles for medical and monitoring applications; Context aware textiles for wearable health assistants; Intelligent garments in pre-hospital emergency care; Intelligent textiles for children; Wearable biofeedback systems; Applications for woven electrical fabrics.
- No. of pages: 528
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2006
- Published: July 28, 2006
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845691622
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781845690052
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Intelligent Textiles and Clothing"