Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Intelligent Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery Applications discusses intelligent nanomaterials with a particular focus on commercial and premarket tools. The book looks at the applications of intelligent nanomaterials within the field of medicine and discusses their future role. This includes the use of intelligent nanomaterials for drugs used in cardiovascular and cancer treatments and examines the promising market of nanoparticles for biomedical and biosensing applications. This resource will be of great interest to scientists and researchers involved in multiple disciplines, including micro- and nano-engineering, bionanotechnology, biomedical engineering, and nanomedicine, as well as pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
- Focuses on applications of intelligent nanomaterials within the field of medicine and discusses their role in the future
- Discusses intelligent nanomaterials, with a particular focus on commercial and premarket tools
- Examines the promising market of nanoparticles for biomedical and biosensing applications
Researchers in bionanomaterials, biomaterials and pharmaceutical sciences
1. Introduction to Active Smart and Intelligent Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications
2. pH sensitive nanomaterials for smart release of drugs
3. Smart nanomaterials for hyperthermia therapy Tumor Targeted nanomaterials
4. Targeting nanomaterials to particular organ
5. Biocompatibility and Functionalization of Nanomaterials
6. Biomaterial and Nanomedical based Devices
7. Diagnostic applications of fluorescent nanomaterials
8. Nanomaterials in dentistry
9. Non-invasive / minimally invasive nano-diagnostics
11. Translational nanomedicine: Lab to Clinic
12. Nanotoxicology and its Remediation
13. Biomedical Applications of Nanobots
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Nabeel Ahmad is Assistant Professor & Head of the School of Biotechnology, IFTM University, Moradabad, India. His research areas are nanobiotechnology, nanosensor and bioprocess engineering. He has published several research papers in national and international peer reviewed journals, whilst also serving as an eminent member of several international journal editorial boards. Dr Ahmad is currently Editor of two books on nanobiotechnology published by Elsevier.
Head, School of Biotechnology, IFTM University Moradabad, Uttar Praesh, India
Dr. P. Gopinath is Associate Professor in the Department of Biotechnology at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, India. He received his B.Sc. degree in Microbiology and M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology from Bharathidasan University, India. He earned his Ph.D. in Biotechnology from the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India and carried out his postdoctoral research at the University of Rochester Medical Center, New York, USA. Currently, his research group at the nanobiotechnology laboratory, IIT Roorkee is working on the development of polymer based nanocarriers for delivery of various anticancer agents including chemotherapeutic drugs, siRNA, genes etc. At present he has more than 90 research publications in the area of nanobiotechnology in high impact factor journals. He has been a reviewer & editorial board member for many international journals and received numerous prestigious awards for his scientific contributions in the area of biomedical nanotechnology
Associate Professor, Nanobiotechnology Laboratory, Centre for Nanotechnology, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India