Unit One: Instrument Preparation for Surgery
1. Care and Handling of Surgical Instruments
2. Sterilization Container Systems
Unit Two: General Surgery
3. Operating Room Suite/Basic Laparotomy
4. Abdominal Self-Retaining Retractors
5. Extra Long Instruments
6. Skin Staplers
7. Small Laparotomy Set
8. Minor Laparoscopic Set
10. Laparoscopic Adult MIS Set
11. Laser Laparoscope
12. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
14. Laparoscopic Bowel Resection
15. Bowel Resection
17. Hemorrhoidectomy and/or Pilonidal Cystectomy
18. Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
19. Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
20. The da Vinci¨ Surgical System and EndoWrist¨ Instruments (Robotic Instruments)
21. Breast Biopsy/Lumpectomy
23. Vascular Access Device Insertion
Unit Three: Female Reproductive Surgery
24. Dilatation and Curettage of the Uterus (D and C)
26. Abdominal Hysterectomy
27. Supracervical Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
28. Vaginal Hysterectomy
29. Laparoscopic Tubal Occulusion
Unit Four: Genitourinary Surgery
32. Nephrectomy and Ureteroplasty
35. Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
37. Kidney Transplant
Unit Five: Orthopedic Surgery
38. Basic Orthopedic Surgery
39. Soft Tissue Set
40. Power Saws and Drills, Battery Powered
41. Small Joint Arthroscope Set
42. Arthroscopic Carpal Tunnel Instruments
43. Small/Minor Joint Replacement
44. Total Ankle P
With more than 1,000 photographs of surgical instruments and instrument tips in the book and online, Instrumentation for the Operating Room: A Photographic Manual, 8th Edition, shows more illustrations than any other manual. Instruments are organized by surgical specialty, beginning with basic sets and progressing to more advanced sets. Instructions on preparation, sterilization, and setup, as well as clear explanations for common surgical procedures can be found throughout the book. Within each chapter, instruments are commonly featured individually and as parts of sets, often showing close-up, individual tips. Written by an experienced perioperative nurse, Shirley Tighe, this edition includes new photographs of the operating room and of robotic and micro-surgical instruments, plus a companion Evolve website with additional photographs, flashcards, and review questions.
- Over 800 photographs of both individual and sets of instruments, including whole instruments and instrument tips, help in distinguishing between similar types.
- Instrument Preparation for Surgery unit discusses the importance of proper instrument handling and sterilization, including the proper placement within sterilization trays.
- A logical organization covers instruments by surgical procedures, beginning with simpler surgeries and building to more complex, specialized instruments and setups.
- Entire units focus on female reproductive surgery and pediatric surgery, both of which are key areas not well covered in other books.
- Excellent quality photographs on a consistent background enhance the detail and true color of the instruments.
- Spiral-bound format allows the book to lay flat for easier access while on the job.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Perioperative Nursing Consultant, Lake Havasu City, AZ