Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Bringing together the latest methodological and scientific progress in the various research areas in the field of Environmental Genomics, this book discusses the characterization of the structure and dynamics of life, the study of the evolution and adaptation of genes and genomes, the analysis of degraded and/or old DNA, and the functional and genomic ecology of populations and communities. It also considers access to the production and sharing of NGS data and the quality of this data.
As the product of the collective discussion of the active French scientific community, the book presents not only the latest technologies in the development of new sequencing methods, but also the resulting issues, challenges and prospects, in order to identify those aspects with the greatest potential for modeling and exploring the function of ecosystems.
- Includes recent updates from the field of environmental genomics
- Provides details of advances of methods and perspectives of their use
- Contains a multidisciplinary overview of the environmental sciences including taxonomy, ecology, evolution, and diversity
- Focuses on the impact of recent technology advances in high-throughput sequencing
Masters and doctoral students and researchers interested in environmental genomics, environmental ONG
- Issues, Challenges, Scientific Bottlenecks and Perspectives.
2. Technological Revolutions: Possibilities and Limitations.
3. NGS Data Sharing and Access.
4. Accuracy of NGS Data: From Sequence to Databases.
5. Taxonomy and Biodiversity.
6. Characterizing Biodiversity.
7. Evolution and Adaptation of Genes and Genomes.
8. Degraded and Paleogenomic DNA.
9. Functional Ecology and Population Genomics.
10. Structure and Functioning of Microbial Ecosystems: Metagenomics and Integration of Omics.
11. Modeling and Predicting Behaviors and Dynamics of Ecosystems.
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2016
- 22nd June 2016
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Denis Faure is CNRS research director at the Institute of Integrative Biology of the Cell, Gif-sur-Yvette, France, and has been co-chair of the French network on Environmental Genomics since 2011. For the past 20 years, he has worked on a combination of ecology and genomics approaches to plant-host microbe and microbe-microbe interactions. His research is currently focused on bacterial communication in plant-bacteria interactions, and bacterial genome structure and dynamics in plant pathogens.
Institute of Integrative Biology of the Cell, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Dominique Joly is CNRS research director at Evolution, Génomes, Comportement et Ecologie (EGCE) in Gif-sur-Yvette, France, and has co-chaired the French network on Environmental Genomics since 2011, as well as the French network on Epigenetics in Ecology and Evolution since 2013. Her past research interests have revolved around the evolutionary dynamics of male/female interactions at the behavioral, physiological and molecular levels, and currently include the genomics of population differentiation and the role of social networks
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.