Features offered by this unique reference source:
- Detailed illustrations
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter
- Glossary of molecular genetic terms
Table of Contents
- Genes and Genome Organization in Eukaryotes:Dna and Gene Structure. DNA Replication, Mutations, And Recombination. Transcription, Translation, And Regulation of Eukaryotic DNA. Chromosomal and Extrachromosomal Organization of DNA in Eukaryotes. Genes, Genome Organization, And Development in Insects. Molecular Genetic Techniques: Some Basic Tools: How to Cut, Paste, Copy, Measure, And Visualize DNA. Cloning and Expression Vectors, Libraries, And Their Screening. DNA Sequencing and Genome Analysis. DNA Amplification Using the Polymerase Chain Reaction: Molecular Biology Made Accessible. P Elements and _ Element Vectors for Transforming Drosophila. Applications in Entomology: Sex Determination in Insects. Molecular Genetics of Insect Behaviour. Molecular Systematics and Evolution. Insect Population Ecology and Genetics. Transgenic Pest and Beneficial Arthropods for Pest Management Programs. Glossary. Index.
- No. of pages: 546
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1994
- Published: November 8, 1994
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9781483293714
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Insect Molecular Genetics"