Online and in print, Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, edited by W. Norman Scott, MD, and 11 section editors who are experts in their fields, is your complete, multimedia guide to the most effective approaches for diagnosis and management of the full range of knee disorders affecting patients of all ages. From anatomical and biomechanical foundations, to revision total knee replacement, this authoritative reference provides the most up-to-date and complete guidance on cutting-edge surgical procedures, the largest collection of knee videos in one knee textbook. Expanded coverage and rigorous updates—including 40 online-only chapters—keep you current with the latest advances in cartilage repair and regeneration, allograft and autografts, computer robotics in total knee arthroplasty, and other timely topics. This edition is the first book ever endorsed by The Knee Society. Access the full text - including a wealth of detailed intraoperative photographs, a robust video library, additional online-only chapters, a glossary of TKR designs, quarterly updates, and more - at www.expertconsult.com.
- Get all you need to know about the clinical and basic science aspects of the full range of knee surgeries as well as the latest relevant information, including imaging and biomechanics; soft tissue cartilage; ligament/meniscal repair and reconstructions; partial and total joint replacement; fractures; tumors; and the arthritic knee.
- Master the nuances of each new technique through step-by-step instructions and beautiful, detailed line drawings, intraoperative photographs, and surgical videos.
- See exactly how it’s done. Watch master surgeons perform Partial and Primary TKR, Revision TKR, Tumor Replacement, Fracture Treatment, and over 160 videos on the expertconsult.com.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly templated, and abundantly illustrated chapter format and streamlined text with many references and chapters appearing online only.
Section 1. Basic Science
2. Anatomic Aberrations
3. Clinical Examination of the Knee
4. Gene therapy in the Treatment of Knee Disorders
Section 2. Imaging of the Knee
5. Knee Imaging Techniques and Normal Anatomy
6. Imaging of Osseous Knee Trauma
7. Internal Derangements: Ligaments and Tendons
8. Internal Derangements: Menisci and Cartilage
9. Arthropathies, Osteonecrosis and Bursitis
10. Imaging of Total Knee Arthroplasty
11. Tumor and Tumor-like Conditions
Section 3. Biomechanics
12. Three-Dimensional Morphology of the Knee
13. Fluoroscopic Analysis of Total Knee Replacement
14. Biomechanics and Vibroarthrogaphy of the Patellofemoral Joint
15. Contact Mechanics of the Human Knee
16. In Vivo Mechanics and Vibration of the Knee Joint
17. Does strain in the patella change after TKA? A finite element investigation of natural and implanted patellae
18. Simulation Testing of Knee Implants
19. Knee Wear
Section 4. Sports Medicine: Articular Cartilage and Meniscus
20. Articular Cartilage: Biology, Biomechanics, and Healing Response
21. Articular Cartilage Injury and Adult OCD: Treatment Options and Decision Making
22. International Experience With Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation With Periosteum (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation), Including Scaffold Guided Techniques and Tissue Engineered Matrix Support
23. Osteochondral Autograft Plug Transfer
24. Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation
25. Débridement and Microfracture for Full-Thickness Articular Cartilage Defects
26. Articular Car
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2012
- 19th October 2011
- Churchill Livingstone
- Book ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: