- Provides important information about the principles and requirements of food labelling and reviews the trends in this area
- Documents label evolution and considers standards and legal issues, as well as protection of the environment and sustainable food production
- Features labels for a variety of different markets, including organic foods, and addresses social issues such as association of food quality with location
Table of Contents
- Introduction to innovations in food labelling; The Codex Alimentarius and food labelling: Delivering consumer protection; International legal frameworks for food labelling and consumer rights; Government and voluntary policies on nutrition labelling: A global overview; Labelling of allergenic foods of concern in Europe; Organic food labels: History and latest trends; FAO’s ecolabelling guidelines for marine capture fisheries: An international standard; Voluntary environmental and social labels in the food sector; Geographic origin and identification labels: Associating quality with location; New technologies and food labelling: The controversy over labelling of foods derived from genetically modified crops.
- No. of pages: 184
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: December 18, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845697594
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Innovations in Food Labelling"