- Authored by the Infusion Nurses Society, this highly respected reference sets the standard for infusion nursing practice.
- Coverage of all 9 core areas of INS certification makes this a valuable review resource for the examination.
- Material progresses from basic to advanced to help new practitioners build a solid foundation of knowledge before moving on to more advanced topics.
- Each chapter focuses on a single topic and can serve as a stand-alone reference for busy nursing professionals.
- Expanded coverage of infusion therapy equipment, product selection, and evaluation help you provide safe, effective care.
- A separate chapter on infusion therapy across the continuum offers valuable guidance for treating patients with infusion therapy needs in outpatient, long-term, and home-care, as well as hospice and ambulatory care centers.
- Extensive information on specialties addresses key areas such as oncology, pain management, blood components, and parenteral nutrition.
Table of Contents
- Section I: Infusion Therapy Overview
1. Infusion Nursing as a Specialty
2. Evidence-Based Practice
3. Quality Management
4. Legal Issues of Infusion Nursing
6. Clinician and Patient Education
7. Clinician and Patient Safety
8. Infusion Therapy Across the Continuum
9. Financial Considerations
Section II: Physiologic Considerations
10. Anatomy and Physiology Related to Infusion Therapy
11. Fluid and Electrolytes
12. Infection Prevention and Control
Section III: Infusion Therapies
13. Parenteral Fluids
14. Blood Component Therapy
16. Biologic Therapy
17. Parenteral Nutrition
18. Antineoplastic Therapy
19. Pain Management
Section IV: Infusion Delivery Systems
20. Infusion Therapy Equipment
21. Product Selection and Evaluation
Section V: Infusion Nursing Practice
22. Patient Assessment as Related to Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
23. Peripheral Venous Access Devices
24. Central Venous Access Devices: Access and Insertion
25. Central Venous Access Devices: Care, Maintenance, and Potential Complications
26. Alternative Infusion Access Devices
27. Intraspinal Access and Medication Administration
Section VI: Specialty Populations
29. Infusion Therapy in Children
30. Infusion Therapy in the Older Adult
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Saunders 2009
- Published: May 8, 2009
- Imprint: Saunders
- eBook ISBN: 9781455710065
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781416064107
About the Editor
About the Authors
Infusion Nurses Society
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Infusion Nursing"