Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Inflammation and Natural Products: Recent Development and Current Status brings together research in the area of the natural products and their anti-inflammatory action in medical, nutraceutical and food products, addressing specific chronic inflammatory diseases like cancer and the mechanistic aspects of the mode of action of some key natural products. Inflammation is a complicated process, driven by infection or injury or genetic changes, which results in triggering signalling cascades, activation of transcription factors, gene expression, increased levels of inflammatory enzymes, and release of various oxidants and pro-inflammatory molecules in inflammatory cells. Excessive oxidants and inflammatory mediators have a harmful effect on normal tissue, including toxicity, loss of barrier function, abnormal cell proliferation, inhibiting normal function of tissues and organs and finally leading to systemic disorders. The emerging development of natural product formulations utilizing the unique anti-inflammatory compounds such as polyphenols, polysaccharides, terpenes, fatty acids, proteins and several other bioactive components has shown notable successes. Inflammation and Natural Products: Recent Development and Current Status provides a comprehensive resource, ranging from detailed explanation on inflammation to molecular docking strategies for naturally occurring compounds with anti-inflammatory activity. It is useful for graduate students, academic and professionals in the fields of pharmaceutical and medical sciences and specialists from natural product-related industries.
- Increases the knowledge of anti-inflammatory activities of natural products and their mechanism of action
- Provides a new perspective and forward-thinking ideas to researchers, the scientific community and industry
- Intensifies the understanding of synergistic action of biologically active naturally occurring molecules and their biological activities against inflammation
Graduate students, academic and professionals in the fields of pharmaceutical and medical sciences and specialists from natural product-related industry
- Inflammation - Symptoms, Reactions and Biochemistry
2. Molecular and genetic inflammation networks in major human diseases
3. Natural products in inflammation: The emerging trends and prospective goals
4. Natural products as modulator of signaling in inflammation
5. Natural products with anti-inflammatory activities against autoimmune myocarditis
6. Multi-target approach for natural products in inflammation
7. Anti-inflammatory activity of natural dietary flavonoids
8. Anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric and ginger
9. Potential anti-inflammatory natural products from marine algae
10. Natural product derived drugs for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases
11. Smart drug delivery systems of natural products for inflammation: from fundamentals to the clinic
12. Systems pharmacology and molecular docking strategies prioritize natural molecules as anti-inflammatory agents
13. Formulations, supplements and diets for anti-inflammation
14. Values of natural products to future anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical discovery
15. Metabolomic study of natural products in toxicity evaluation and toxicology biomarker identification
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st September 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Sreeraj Gopi, a doctorate in organic chemistry and nanotechnology, working in the area of natural products, isolation and establishing the biological activities. He has published more than 75 international articles, filed more than 70 international patents including in USA and in Europe. During his work at Plant Lipids, he has developed many innovative products and invented many technologies. He is also co-author of many books, and also invited speaker in many universities. He is servicing as an adjunct professor in many universities like Stockholm University, Sweden, Siberian Federal University, Russia and Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He has travelled more than 30 countries and given lectures.
Chief Scientist, Plantlipids Pvt Ltd and Chief Scientific Officer, Aurea Biolabs Pvt Ltd.
Dr. Augustine Amalraj is currently working as an Assistant Manager in the Department of Research and Development at Plant Lipids Private Limited, Cochin, India. He obtained his Doctoral degree in Chemistry from Gandhigram Rural Institute – Deemed University, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu, India. His research interests are in applied chemistry, food chemistry, natural product chemistry, environmental chemistry, chemosensors, and polymer and nanocomposite materials. He has published more than 40 research articles in international journals, as well as 6 book chapters.
Aurea Biolabs Private Ltd, India
Prof. Ajaikumar Kunnumakkara, is a faculty member in the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India. He is also an Honorary Chair Professor in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. He is the principal investigator of Unit of Excellence in cancer drug discovery (DBT, Govt. of India) and the coordinator of DBT (India) - AIST (Japan) International Laboratory for Advanced Biomedicine. He earned his doctorate in 2006 from Amala Cancer Research Center, Thrissur, affiliated with University of Calicut, Kerala, India. Dr. Kunnumakkara did postdoctoral work at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA (2005–2008) and the National Cancer Institute of National Institutes of Health (2008–2010) where he was subsequently employed as an NIH Scientist until 2012. Dr. Kunnumakkara has also edited four monographs. He is an elected Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine, UK as well as belonging to many other esteemed institutions.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.